2016 SIERRA engine noise

Thanks. That's exactly where it comes from. I stop at a drive thru and you can really hear it.

I am dropping the truck off at the dealer today, I'll keep you posted on what they find.

Please do another guy I have talked too has same issue..........I am just waiting for outside temps to rise and I can finally get this stupid noise that my DEAF ass can hear? but not the dealer!

Very Good, Mate! Interesting seems like easy fix too! Mine is High pitch squeal only after warmed up, turned off, then warmed up again....naturally I am the only one this green/blue planet that hears it too!

Edited by mookdoc6

Very Good, Mate! Interesting seems like easy fix too! Mine is High pitch squeal only after warmed up, turned off, then warmed up again....naturally I am the only one this green/blue planet that hears it too!

I am the other guy, mookdoc6, referred too and due to the cold temps have not been able to get mine to consistently squeal especially at the stealership oops I mean dealership. They did hear it the first time I visited but the technician was not available that would be working on it.. So it fell on deaf ears basically. Patiently waiting for the next opportunity or someone on this forum that finds the solution.Good luck all on the fix.

Sent from my Note 5 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

The dealer finally able to diagnose the problem with my truck.

Attached is what they found.

Excellent post! This is good that you got your noise figured out. Temperatures are warming here so it won't be long and I will be squealing like a PIG again! Although, I am the only one who hears this unfortunately....Thanks for sharing the info!

The dealer finally able to diagnose the problem with my truck.

Attached is what they found.

Was your issue the squeak when the engine goes from v4 to v8? Or the tapping like sound coming from the engine bay? Glad they got you fixed up.

2014 Chevy silverado Z71 DCSB w/Bilstein 5100 level

I too get a sporadic "tapping" coming from the driver's side of the engine upon start-up when cold, the sound goes away once warmed up, sounds like the sound thin metal makes when heating up quickly and expanding. This is a good thread to have found for things to keep an eye out for.