best performance parts for 6.2L

I just bought a 2012 gmc sierra wth the 6.2L im a total motor head and adrenaline junky. I want to get the most out of this 6.2 that I can. was thinking a diablo in tune 2 with a k&n Blackhawk intake, and flowmaster force 2 exhaust ( I had a Volant CAI, intune first gen diablo tuner, and complete custom exhaust on my 2000 Silverado with the 6.0L-loud as shit!!! headman headers, no Cats, super 10s, and 18 inch tips.... loved it, but I have 2 little kids who have sensitive ears, time to grow up a little) anyone have any ideas on this?

• 1 month later...

Check out my setup on my 2012 6.2L

I have the K&N FIPK intake, American Racing headers with high flow cats, Corsa Sport dual tip side exhaust. And a custom Tune to make it all wake up.

IMO a custom tune is the only way to go. I spent over $500 on the EDGE tuner and it did very little except change shift pattern to be a bit more aggressive. No power increase on performance mode.

The custom tun however made this truck feel completely different.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/193135-2012-silverado-with-american-racing-headers-corsa-and-tuned/?do=findComment&comment=1895011

I just bought a 2012 gmc sierra wth the 6.2L im a total motor head and adrenaline junky. I want to get the most out of this 6.2 that I can. was thinking a diablo in tune 2 with a k&n Blackhawk intake, and flowmaster force 2 exhaust ( I had a Volant CAI, intune first gen diablo tuner, and complete custom exhaust on my 2000 Silverado with the 6.0L-loud as shit!!! headman headers, no Cats, super 10s, and 18 inch tips.... loved it, but I have 2 little kids who have sensitive ears, time to grow up a little) anyone have any ideas on this?

Get a tune using EFI Live or HP Tuners or don't waste your time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

hey guys, i have the 2010 stock 6.2 with catback single flowmaster,and cold air- i have the BBP arriving monday, have a few costumers  trucks to tune after mine and going to dyno mine before and after tune, will update, hope with video

• 3 weeks later...

I always love the "best mods for XXX" threads. As it is all the same on most all cars. the answer is always the same.

Bang for buck is nitrous, tune, dumped exhaust. All that header, high flow cats, cat back, air intake. Will never have the same power per mod or dollar. But now that we addressed that the next issue is most people aren't going to go with that. so as I have seen to many time before and am a victim myself. Know what you want, plan and don't settle. It cost more to re do than to do it once right. 

From the sound of it I think you are a supercharged, long tube, no cats, custom or mod stock pipe exhaust. (NOTE: supercharger is WAY more money than Turbo)

IMO the cheap bolt on parts may give 10-40hp. But I have never felt the difference. Not like bolting on 200rwhp. And your whole world just changed. If that budget isn't in the cards for you, again plan goals with budget and go for it.   

For me a turbo was always what I wanted and with cat backs at $1000, Headers $1000, and intake at $500. I was at a turbo kit base price. and the power to dollar was a win on the turbo. 

My 2 year old sleeps in the back seat today. And I have 3.5" down tube and NOTHING else so load isn't a issue. Get on it and the whistle and blow off are louder than exhaust but still in cabin no issues. And 500+rwhp on tap.

So I got the BBP tuner and gone through all the setup, cake walk and omg a whole new truck, wow what a difference , running e85 and premium  an easy 80hp gain and the throttle response is like diving my 78 383 stroker I can set 4 high and launch with tire bark, well worth the money,  my buddies are in line to get me to tune there's 

1 hour ago, crashidaho said:

So I got the BBP tuner and gone through all the setup, cake walk and omg a whole new truck, wow what a difference , running e85 and premium  an easy 80hp gain and the throttle response is like diving my 78 383 stroker I can set 4 high and launch with tire bark, well worth the money,  my buddies are in line to get me to tune there's 

That's a great increase!!  Where's the dyno you promised?

The Tune will make the most noticeable difference.  I have a Corsa Sport Exhaust and AFE momentum intake and there is nearly no performance improvement until it was tuned.  I have a Diablo Intune with a custom Diablew tune.  Even with a lift and 35's my truck is crazy fast and I can still get 20mpg highway.

Archived