Anybody got light bar setup ideas on a 16 1500?

First can i get a z71 lower grill that doesn't have the z71 i cant stand it offset like that.

Second light bar location anything but on a bumper and cab,

I thought about doing what the older 1500s did and put it in the front bumper 20"+ should do. which it would mean cutting into the bumper another idea is put 2 20" ones in that metal bar near the bowtie also involves cutting and it may not look as good (like the picture in my head)

Other idea but how good will it work is behind the lower grill i seen it done but never seen any pics with it lit or specs.

I am all for simple but i think custom would be cool also cost a lot more then simple. and wont be doing any of the work myself. Beyond my skill set.

Thanks guys. Even though these hids are pretty bright i still think it would be cool to have a light bar the truck does sees back roads almost every weekend

30" black oak led light bar with the rough country mounts behind the grill 671f32d3824375683372d05a281d4ba0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30" black oak led light bar with the rough country mounts behind the grill 671f32d3824375683372d05a281d4ba0.jpg

Think their is enough room to fit maybe a 20" below the 30??

Thank you after talking with them gonna go with this one

But in a black housing vs chrome

http://www.roughcountry.com/chevy-1500-pickup-30in-led-grille-kit-70624.html

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thank ya, anyone have experience with the rough country light bars? Are they good quality, etc, i love the price but at the same time it scares me due to how cheap it cost.

Could i go with any light bar with this kit?

Found this http://shop.texaslibertyled.com/Patriot-Curve-315-30c.htm A long time ago and its a combo bar

Just in case anyone is wondering, that kit doesn't fit in the 17s. Since the 17s have the louvers In front of the rad now. I got everything off and went... Doh. Lol

Think their is enough room to fit maybe a 20" below the 30??

I don't believe it will work unless you tweak the brackets. Kinda do a little custom fab and yeah you'll have room

I don't believe it will work unless you tweak the brackets. Kinda do a little custom fab and yeah you'll have room

Room is all i need.... Custom brackets... Ha..... Ha....

Sheet metal fabricator by trade ;)

Wonder if it would affect cooling tho and if i would still have decent room for the heat exchanger from the blower.

For BlackhawkZ71, I have a 20" single row from Rough Country and a 20" dual row from KC hilites. The RC is a good bar, it appears brighter than my dual row KC one. The bar and cable are good quality. Their switch that comes with it leaves something to be desired though.

About half of the 16s for room. Theres no way you are getting a light behind the grille unless is super low profile.

Ive decided to look at other grilles now but trying to find info on if stuff fits the 17s is next to impossible.

Hopefully the RBP led one will fit. Color match it white to my truck and it will look pretty slick.

Archived