Anyone Have The New GM Illuminated Bowties?

I was browsing the Chevrolet site and went under accessories for the new Silverado and noticed that there is now a Illuminated bowtie emblem accessory.

I'm really liking this idea and wondering how and if its much trouble to install? and like really how does it work?

I done some research and did not find much only that the high desert concept has it, also I found this on youtube today , a video of it in use

• Like 4

There are 2 different part numbers:

In the 2016 Accessories catalog it lists 84129741

In the press release for the High Desert concept it lists 23385942

I don't know which one is correct but I think for the price you get an illuminated front bowtie (black center with light blue illuminated edges) and the matching rear black bowtie (not illuminated).

It is only for the 2016/2017 Silverados. Nothing for the Sierras and nothing for 2014/2015 Silvys. :mad:

Edited by sk
  • Like 1

There are 2 different part numbers:

In the 2016 Accessories catalog it lists 84129741

In the press release for the High Desert concept it lists 23385942

I don't know which one is correct but I think for the price you get an illuminated front bowtie (black center with light blue illuminated edges) and the matching rear black bowtie (not illuminated).

It is only for the 2016/2017 Silverados. Nothing for the Sierras and nothing for 2014/2015 Silvys. :mad:

The High Desert concept has a black bowtie with a gold glow to the illumination, the non high desert has a black bowtie with blue/white illumination.

On the Chevrolet accessory page it says Emblems-Illuminated Black Grille Bowtie with Black Tailgate Bowtie, meaning its only the grill bowtie that is illuminated.

Im pretty sure this option was out there a few years on the Camaro.

• Like 2

This is their way to get you to upgrade. Like how Apple has its software updates not work in older iPhones etc. Forces you to have to buy a new one.

Edited by Doobs41378

ok, looks like it's working this morning.

The first pic was taken right after I got it hooked up to test it so you can see the wires a little bit. I had to get a small piece of conduit to get the wires completely hidden behind the grille.

truckbowtie3_zps4lyllohs.jpg

truckbowtie2_zps0ajbczoq.jpg

truckbowtie1_zpsycyuufze.jpg

• Like 6