Anyone Have The New GM Illuminated Bowties?

ok, looks like it's working this morning.

The first pic was taken right after I got it hooked up to test it so you can see the wires a little bit. I had to get a small piece of conduit to get the wires completely hidden behind the grille.

truckbowtie3_zps4lyllohs.jpg

truckbowtie2_zps0ajbczoq.jpg

truckbowtie1_zpsycyuufze.jpg

That looks so nice. Is it hard to install? Also does the rear one light up?

• Like 1

It comes with the regular non illuminated black rear bowtie.

Really easy to install. It comes with a jumper harness. You unplug the left headlight connector and plug the jumper in and then run the other end to middle of the grille.

You do have to drill a small hole behind the emblem for the wires to run through. It says 10mm but I drilled it 1/2".

• Like 1

It comes with the regular non illuminated black rear bowtie.

Really easy to install. It comes with a jumper harness. You unplug the left headlight connector and plug the jumper in and then run the other end to middle of the grille.

You do have to drill a small hole behind the emblem for the wires to run through. It says 10mm but I drilled it 1/2".

What is the correct part # for this?

How do you remove the stock front emblem?

Can you post a pic of how it plugs into the headlight please.

What color is the surrounding when not illuminated? Maybe a close pic please.

Is there still a small gap in the surrounding where one could vinyl wrap to color match paint; for those that don't want black.

Thank you.

The part number for the black one is 23385941, the gold one is 23306536. the black one comes with the tailgate emblem and the gold one does not. so the gold kit I assume will be cheaper and a better option if you are going to color match

The front one comes off easily by getting a screwdriver behind it and carefully prying it off. just be careful not to scratch your grille.

The surrounding is chrome under a layer of clear plastic. the clear plastic part is what lights up.

I'll get a picture of the jumper harness next time I go out to the garage and also see if the gap is there. Here's a pic not lit up.

EDIT: looks like the gap is stil there, maybe even more of a gap.

emblem_zpskqpjuf1v.jpg

Edited by qwank

I would say no. The bow ties have different part numbers for 14-15 and 16-17. Sometimes the parts interchange even though they are a different part number, but if you google the vinyl overlays for them they are listed as 14-15 and 16-17 so I would assume they are a different size also.

I would say no. The bow ties have different part numbers for 14-15 and 16-17. Sometimes the parts interchange even though they are a different part number, but if you google the vinyl overlays for them they are listed as 14-15 and 16-17 so I would assume they are a different size also.

The hd trucks. not the half tons. The 15- current hd bowties look very close to the 14-15 silverado half tons

I'm already working on a prototype for my 15.. I let y'all know what I come up with.. it involves making a negative mold of my existent bow tie and melt clear plastic to run an LED tape or wire in it.. ideas are welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk