Anyone Have The New GM Illuminated Bowties?

Man I want this illuminated bowtie but $280 :omg:

I paid 266 and some change from gmpartsdirect.co (not .com). No tax. Just a little shipping. Also used promo code MINUS5 for a 5% discount. It's a lot for an emblem but I couldn't help myself. Also got the rear even though i won't use it. I still had the gold original and had really wanted the black so the illuminated was even better and I figure I won't see many of them so it will make mine standout at night. I do wish it was a little brighter. Doesn't glow as strong as some of the pictures make it appear.

• Like 1

I paid 266 and some change from gmpartsdirect.co (not .com). No tax. Just a little shipping. Also used promo code MINUS5 for a 5% discount. It's a lot for an emblem but I couldn't help myself. Also got the rear even though i won't use it. I still had the gold original and had really wanted the black so the illuminated was even better and I figure I won't see many of them so it will make mine standout at night. I do wish it was a little brighter. Doesn't glow as strong as some of the pictures make it appear.

Post some pics of them please

• Like 1

Post some pics of them please

Post #41 in this topic is mine right after the install. I think I have a day time version as well I'll try to post. Since it's powered by the headlights it doesn't glow during the day.

• Like 1

Those blowties really look nice. Just make sure you never put a blue or red colored one on there that flashes, big no no and will result in an expensive ticket from the police. (emergency light colors flashing allowed for emergency services only)

woah woah woah... these will fit the 14-15?

According to 2 dealers and a truck guy directly at GM -- yes. For 2015-2015 1500's you need to order part number 23385942. Some dealers don't know about it yet and GM is also just ramping up production for the older models so they may not be available until the spring.

Edited by sk