Anyone Have The New GM Illuminated Bowties?

MS3DALE (who is a GM rep) answered the question in another thread. There is no gold illumination - only a black bowtie with white illumination for the front and the standard black bowtie for the rear. The kits are different depending on model year and HD or not (the 2016/2017 bowties are a different size than the 2014/2015):

There's one number for 1500's, and one number for 2500/3500 HD's (the rear is the same, but the front one is different)

84129741 is for 2016-'17 1500's

23385942 is for 2014-up 2500/3500's and 2014-'15 1500's

• Like 2

MS3DALE (who is a GM rep) answered the question in another thread. There is no gold illumination - only a black bowtie with white illumination for the front and the standard black bowtie for the rear. The kits are different depending on model year and HD or not (the 2016/2017 bowties are a different size than the 2014/2015):

There's one number for 1500's, and one number for 2500/3500 HD's (the rear is the same, but the front one is different)

84129741 is for 2016-'17 1500's

23385942 is for 2014-up 2500/3500's and 2014-'15 1500's

So I was rite the 2015- current hd trucks are the same bowties as the 2014-15 silverado half tons.. if so then I belive I found the kit

.. brb

Unless that seller did a typo.... 16-17 hd trucks have the same bowties in the front as like the 14-15 silverado half tons correct?

Correct:

(2014-2015) 1500 and (2014-2017) 2500/3500 use the same bowtie

(2016-2017) 1500 use a different size bowtie with slightly different attachment clips

Edited by sk
  • Like 3

It comes with the regular non illuminated black rear bowtie.

Really easy to install. It comes with a jumper harness. You unplug the left headlight connector and plug the jumper in and then run the other end to middle of the grille.

You do have to drill a small hole behind the emblem for the wires to run through. It says 10mm but I drilled it 1/2".

Mine came in today and I'm trying to install it tonight as I'm going out of town tomorrow morning. Do you have the instructions or can you clarify what you mean by left. To me left is looking at the front of the truck making it the passenger side but the air filter box is on that side and I'm having trouble finding the connector. I'm not sure if it matters which side I connect it to. I've already got the hole drilled and the emblems swapped. Just need to run and secure the harness. Thanks.

• Like 1

Left is always the driver's side

Maybe I'm missing something but I can't get to the connector on the drivers' side either. It's wedged between the headlight and a metal brace. Do you have to remove something? I can get my hand on it but I can't get a good enough grip to release the clip.

Nope, I just reach down and grabbed it. You have to pull the red tab back first and then push down on it and pull out

Thanks for your help. I ended up having to remove screws and loosen the headlight assembly. I already had the grill off. I went in from the front and popped the red clip with a screwdriver. Mine was incredibly tight but once I got the red clip popped it came out fine. I'll go back later and drill a hole up top and install a grommet for the wires. I was planning to do that anyway for the front camera I'm installing.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

The directions from gm say to run the wire up in front of the washer bottle, across the metal radiator support and go down through the hole directly behind the hood Latch. You have to be careful not to run the wires through the movable louvers behind the grill

I qould post pictures but can't figure out how to do it on my phone.

The directions from gm say to run the wire up in front of the washer bottle, across the metal radiator support and go down through the hole directly behind the hood Latch. You have to be careful not to run the wires through the movable louvers behind the grill

I qould post pictures but can't figure out how to do it on my phone.

I'm going to get a copy of the instructions from my service department later and I can reroute if needed. I have a 2016. I don't think I have movable louvers.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Edited by tenscourts