Anyone Have The New GM Illuminated Bowties?

Lol i got er installed 1 hour is all it took, looks kinda dim must be the lighting, hint anyone doing this take the 3 bolts off the headlight and the clip takes less than 1 second to undo because the headlight pulls forward.

p9S1uq5l.jpg

1rSsGvLl.jpg

• Like 2

illuminated bowtie

illuminated bowtie

Here's some pics after my install. I decided to Vinyl match the bowtie, but found out it's tough to match Iridescent Pearl Tricoat with vinyl (just a little off currently). I bought a paint match kit online for $60 yesterday and hoping it gets the job done. If not, I'm just flushing money away :dunno: my truck accessories place said it runs ~$200 for them to do it that color like dealerships have them. Here's to trying to take short cuts...

My bowtie should be here tomorrow, I just need to know where I should tap the hot wire on a 2015? Any suggestions?

Did you order the GM one? Its 100% plug and play. Has a jumper harness that takes the driver's side headlamp main wire and that gets plugged into the jumper. The jumper has the plug for the glowtie, and then the other end for the headlight.

Edited by 15HDriver

I did but I thought it was not plug and play for the 2014-2015?

Did you order the HD kit? The HD kit I think is as its the same front bowtie as a 1500.

Post 92 and 93 from this thread: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/193643-anyone-have-the-new-gm-illuminated-bowties/?p=1897172

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/193643-anyone-have-the-new-gm-illuminated-bowties/?p=1897238

And post 101 (installed on a 2014 1500): http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/193643-anyone-have-the-new-gm-illuminated-bowties/?p=1911317

Edited by 15HDriver
  • Like 1

16/17 HD bow tie fits 14/15 but it's not plug and play like the 16+ are. You'll have to tap into your parking lights.

Hmm. Plugged right into my 2015 HD no issues. Plus, I just looked into the forward lamp harness side connectors for a 2014 1500 and a 2015 1500/2500/3500 and they are the same exact part # as 2016-2017 HD.

I'm struggling to see the need to "tap into" any circuit...

Edited by 15HDriver
  • Like 1

Yes I ordered the HD part #23385942

16/17 HD bow tie fits 14/15 but it's not plug and play like the 16+ are. You'll have to tap into your parking lights.

Thank you! I was just looking the headlight schematic and was thinking that where I should tap! Did you tap on the passenger side?

Thank you! I was just looking the headlight schematic and was thinking that where I should tap! Did you tap on the passenger side?

With the HD model, the X110 (Driver's Side)/X120 (Passenger Side) connector is more oval in shape. For LD models, the connector is more square. Looking at Page 788 of the 2015 Upfitter, this should be plug and play for you.

Edit- I didn't realize it was a Y harness. I thought it plugged directly into the headlight and was powered independently.

Yep - I thought I took enough pictures but going through my library, I didn't. I was too excited to get it installed.

With the HD model, the X110 (Driver's Side)/X120 (Passenger Side) connector is more oval in shape. For LD models, the connector is more square. Looking at Page 788 of the 2015 Upfitter, this should be plug and play for you.

Yep - I thought I took enough pictures but going through my library, I didn't. I was too excited to get it installed.

You were 100% correct. The HD illuminated bow tie was completely plug and play on my 2015 1500!

00578E65-74E0-4C42-9E18-19203EAACA83.jpg

• Like 3