5 hours ago, Fix29 said:

By the way, the jump seat turned out really nice. Looks like you originally had the jump seat without the lower compartment. I was actually looking into picking up one with the locking compartment when I do my Katskinz upgrade. Do you happen to know if the compartment can be keyed so it would match the key for the truck? Thanks!

Thanks and I never looked into whether or not you can get a lock keyed to your truck but the way things go with these trucks I have a feeling it is not as easy as the old days where you just needed a key number!

Thanks and I never looked into whether or not you can get a lock keyed to your truck but the way things go with these trucks I have a feeling it is not as easy as the old days where you just needed a key number!
Haha isn't that the truth? They deffinetely are making things more and more complicated thats for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Fix29 said:

Haha isn't that the truth? They deffinetely are making things more and more complicated thats for sure.

Yeah it is and I've been trying to get steering wheel controls to work for the entire time I've had the truck! (silly me I thought you could just get the buttons,  plug it in and they would work!)

Yeah it is and I've been trying to get steering wheel controls to work for the entire time I've had the truck! (silly me I thought you could just get the buttons,  plug it in and they would work!)

I considered it as well until I looked into it. Way to involved and expensive for my liking. But I guess thats what you get when you have the controls, cluster, and radio all linked in together. I do think the wheel area looks a lot better since I painted the trim on mine though.

623d8f3a26a837fedce0a86c5f84f498.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Fix29 said:

I considered it as well until I looked into it. Way to involved and expensive for my liking. But I guess thats what you get when you have the controls, cluster, and radio all linked in together. I do think the wheel area looks a lot better since I painted the trim on mine though.

Thanks for that picture!! I bought the leather steering wheel with the steering wheel controls and synthesis trim but I don't like that the buttons don't work nor the fact that the textured airbag doesn't match the smooth leather so I was thinking about just swapping the trim to the original steering wheel. I wasn't sure how it would look with the blank panel but your picture has  convinced me to do it! :) BTW, your trim looks great painted and if you hadn't told me I would have thought it came that way!

Thanks for that picture!! I bought the leather steering wheel with the steering wheel controls and synthesis trim but I don't like that the buttons don't work nor the fact that the textured airbag doesn't match the smooth leather so I was thinking about just swapping the trim to the original steering wheel. I wasn't sure how it would look with the blank panel but your picture has  convinced me to do it! [emoji4] BTW, your trim looks great painted and if you hadn't told me I would have thought it came that way!
Thank you! I considered just buying the synthesis trim myself but I work for an automotive paint supply store and do some paint work on the side so I figured why not paint what I have lol. I did all the dash trim as well. Looks stock to most but to me it really makes a lower trim model truck look 100x better inside.

33 minutes ago, Fix29 said:

Thank you! I considered just buying the synthesis trim myself but I work for an automotive paint supply store and do some paint work on the side so I figured why not paint what I have lol. I did all the dash trim as well. Looks stock to most but to me it really makes a lower trim model truck look 100x better inside.

I agree! I like the simpler look of the gauge cluster but not how bland everything else looked so I replaced all of my dash trim with the synthesis trim (the headunit came with matching synthesis trim) and I'm going to eventually replace the door panels with the all black ones and synthesis trim.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fix29 said:

The painted trim looks great brother!! I know from experience that air bag removal is no fun! lol

IMG_3868.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CovetedStyle said:

The painted trim looks great brother!! I know from experience that air bag removal is no fun! lol

IMG_3868.jpg

Your interior looks great. I actually removed my trim pieces without removing the air bag. It was a total pain but I managed to get them out without harming anything.

1 hour ago, Fix29 said:

Your interior looks great. I actually removed my trim pieces without removing the air bag. It was a total pain but I managed to get them out without harming anything.

Well you slick SOB! Hahaha you’re a smarter man than my self brother! Because that airbag was a bitch!

1 hour ago, Fix29 said:

I saw a video on YouTube showing how to remove the trim without removing the airbag. Was that you?!

Edited by Marv88

18 minutes ago, Marv88 said:

I saw a video on YouTube showing how to remove the trim without removing the airbag. Was that you?!

Nope, no video of me cursing at the wheel lol.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fix29 said:

Nope, no video of me cursing at the wheel lol.

That was me when removing the airbag! The video I watched showed a guy popping it off in seconds but it took me forever and 3 bent screwdrivers!

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

I never will understand these kind of people! I park out in the end spot of the back lot behind the garden shop at Home Depot with at least 50 empty spaces and come out to see this! :fume:

IMG_1714.thumb.JPG.b376c070e107a38e2475a5b40976cdc7.JPG

• Confused 2

Made yet another change in my audio system plans! I'm  going all out with a fully active system and Mosconi processor so I'm gonna sell the Alpine x110slv 10" Restyle kit This unit is extremely easy to install with all included plug n play harnesses and is in like new condition (been in for a few months and my truck only has a little over 8,000 miles in 2 years so it hasn't been used much). I would really like to sell it locally if possible  (Monterey CA and I'll even help you install it)  to avoid having to repackage everything but I will so it can be shipped safely if it comes down to that. 

IMG_1443.thumb.JPG.ba449fd26f3bddc0ddb986873662e35a.JPG

IMG_1387.thumb.JPG.6f9fd5fe3ecbb28e2564f498b06f4fb8.JPG

• Like 1