I vote for blue handles and black mirrors. That's what I'm doing with mine. I prefer the black mirrors so that they blend in with the tinted windows. The half black/ half painted mirrors look odd to me.

Crap, just when I thought I had it I have another option to try! :crazy:

All,blue everything

Yeah I tried the black mirror caps and blue handles but I'm goibg to leave it all blue.

Almost forgot, I didnt get a chance to holler at you yesterday but I will later today when I'm done if you'll be available

I looked out of the window to see what the dog was barking about and this is what I found. I have been really careful with this truck to avoid dings/scratches however it was all for naught as this damn turkey decided to walk all over it and slid down the side while getting off leaving me a bunch of scratches! :mad: He's safe on my neighbors roof right now but he's gonna have a real problem if he decides to go over the back fence as that neighbor has 8 hunting dogs and they have all been really quiet so I'm sure they know he's around!

20170223_101348_zpsw0zfb7jw.jpg

Edited by Marv88
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

the undercover covers are great. I really wanted one but decided a roll up was more practical for me, even though I hardly ever use the truck.

And don't feel too bad about the turkey scratches. My dog scratched my truck a month after I got it, while it was in the garage of all places.

Love what your doing with your truck. Especially the lowering. Three questions on that. Did you realign the front end? How about the head light alignment? Whose shackles did you use and id you have to mangle the seam to install them. Thanks.

the undercover covers are great. I really wanted one but decided a roll up was more practical for me, even though I hardly ever use the truck.

And don't feel too bad about the turkey scratches. My dog scratched my truck a month after I got it, while it was in the garage of all places.

I'm not as thrilled with the Undercover as I thought I would be so I may end up getting one of the tri fold types in the future however one thing I do really like is the fact that it doesn't leak (we had torrential rains the night I put it on and there was not 1 drop of water inside the bed). The scratches on the hood and most of the ones on the side buffed out however a couple of others were too deep to come completely out without causing more issues.

Love what your doing with your truck. Especially the lowering. Three questions on that. Did you realign the front end? How about the head light alignment? Whose shackles did you use and id you have to mangle the seam to install them. Thanks.

Thanks! The front end was realigned but they may have done something wrong as I have excessive wear on the outer edges of both front tires after only 1400 miles (the service advisor said he thought there may be different specs when you change the rake of the truck from stock but I haven't had a chance to bring it in yet)

Adjusting the headlights was pretty easy. The night before lowering I faced the truck towards the garage door with the lights on and marked the driveway where it was parked. I applied tape to the garage door where the bottom of the beam was and took a picture to reference later. After lowering I just parked back in the same spot and adjusted the lights to where they were originally.

After loosening the bolts I jacked up the back of the bed to get the top shackle bolts out and when I lowered it back down I found I had plenty of clearance so I didn't have to mess with the seams (I used Street Edge 2" shackles with stock style bushings).

• Like 2

Thanks! The front end was realigned but they may have done something wrong as I have excessive wear on the outer edges of both front tires after only 1400 miles (the service advisor said he thought there may be different specs when you change the rake of the truck from stock but I haven't had a chance to bring it in yet)

The caster spec for these trucks is so wide as to be useless to anyone but the inspector that okays that final result. It has a high limit of 3.3 right and 3.5 left. Mine was factory okayed at numbers higher that his. There is no need for anything past 2.5 for anything that isn't a LSR salt car or a motorcycle. I've also never seen a open (negative) toe allowance in a specification for a rear wheel drive in my life. Lastly the spec allows for camber in excess of a half degree in either direction. More than a half is asking for trouble with tire wear.

Give a truck the right combination within the spec and "in spec" is still FUBAR. You have to insist on what you want as a setup. They get paid either way and don't have to buy your tires or suspension parts so unless pressed or you find a guy who takes some pride in his work....ya get what ya get.

The caster spec for these trucks is so wide as to be useless to anyone but the inspector that okays that final result. It has a high limit of 3.3 right and 3.5 left. Mine was factory okayed at numbers higher that his. There is no need for anything past 2.5 for anything that isn't a LSR salt car or a motorcycle. I've also never seen a open (negative) toe allowance in a specification for a rear wheel drive in my life. Lastly the spec allows for camber in excess of a half degree in either direction. More than a half is asking for trouble with tire wear.

Give a truck the right combination within the spec and "in spec" is still FUBAR. You have to insist on what you want as a setup. They get paid either way and don't have to buy your tires or suspension parts so unless pressed or you find a guy who takes some pride in his work....ya get what ya get.

Thanks Grumpy. I had it done at the dealership but I think I'll take it to the tire/suspension shop in town to see what they say as I don't know enough to insist on something specific.