I've had my truck for nearly a year and just yesterday while measuring for my sub enclosure I noticed there is a fold away handle above the door jamb on both sides!

LOL!

My wife likes to hang on to that handle even when driving on a smooth road...kind of relaxing her hand. I told her that looks NUTS!

However, I love the A pillar assist handle on the driver's side...that was a great mod Marv!

BTW - Your truck is looking Awesome!

• Like 1

LOL!

My wife likes to hang on to that handle even when driving on a smooth road...kind of relaxing her hand. I told her that looks NUTS!

However, I love the A pillar assist handle on the driver's side...that was a great mod Marv!

BTW - Your truck is looking Awesome!

Thanks RDKILL and sounds like your wife found good use for that handle but do you know what actual purpose it has?!

Thanks RDKILL and sounds like your wife found good use for that handle but do you know what actual purpose it has?!

Not sure, but by the looks of it probably to pull yourself up and into the truck or for rough rides as a place to help secure yourself.

• 4 weeks later...

Did you find a handle already matched or did you buy a paintable one and have it painted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully you didn't buy this tailgate handle as mine also broke before I got around to painting the original one!

Where did you get that hood emblem? That is awesome!

Diggin' the build, you know how to mod a truck! Love the color too, though I may be biased

How did you remove the handle from the tailgate handle assembly? The dealer in town painted an assembly for me, but they didn't remove the handle, and it's bugging me. Did you use the same procedure for the aftermarket and the factory handle?

Where did you get that hood emblem? That is awesome!

Diggin' the build, you know how to mod a truck! Love the color too, though I may be biased

How did you remove the handle from the tailgate handle assembly? The dealer in town painted an assembly for me, but they didn't remove the handle, and it's bugging me. Did you use the same procedure for the aftermarket and the factory handle?

Thanks! I bought the individual letters on eBay from seller Justchrome and painted them myself with the color match kit from Scratch Wizard.

IMG_0490_zpsvlzhzq7g.jpg

For the handle removal I just filed the tabs on the pin and used the same procedure as the aftermarket. I have read where some replace the pin with a bolt and self locking nut but I'm just going to drill a hole for a cotter pin.

IMG_0488_zps0h3m2txn.jpg

• Like 1

Sweet! I may do that as well...that looks really neat!

Sweet....sounds like a plan. Thank you for the tip!

You're welcome!

• 2 months later...

Just replacing some of the pics since I'm still not sure if I am going to pay Photobuckets extortion fee.

Day 1

post-164287-0-71622500-1506023537_thumb.jpg

Before adding drop shackles and color matched handles/mirror caps to replace the replacement chrome ones I did not like

post-164287-0-96969400-1506023572_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marv88