Color matched shark fin

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Sorry for the confusion. I must have been drunk when I started this post. I saw the fin for a Tahoe. Not sure if the plug interfaces. I'll try it out in a month though and report back

Been a month what's the verdict?

I found, ordered, and painted a black shark fin cover. Seems fit ok. The only complaint I have is the cover doesnt cover completely. You can see black around the bottom. This messed with my OCD...

Found it on ebay from a seller in Canada. I think it was 27 bucks or so.

• 7 months later...

I bought a 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 back on February. Mine didn't come with a painted antenna. I did a lot of asking around at my local Chevrolet dealership so i talked to my sales rep and looked into it. He had to look for a High Country in his local stock to claim a broken antenna and order me one off its VIN number.. Also he told me that not all the High Counties don't have them, its a special order antenna..

Black Painted ACDELCO part number: 84081915Resized_20170721_144341.jpg

Back to the rattle can solution...

Would we have to scuff it up?

Would a paint coating in any way interfere with the signal? (Probably obvious, but who knows?)

The painted p leading edge would ultimately look like that of an airplane wing. How long will it likely last?

What would be the rattle can match for Summit White?

Anyone have any pictures?

Back to the rattle can solution...

Would we have to scuff it up?

Would a paint coating in any way interfere with the signal? (Probably obvious, but who knows?)

The painted p leading edge would ultimately look like that of an airplane wing. How long will it likely last?

What would be the rattle can match for Summit White?

Anyone have any pictures?

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/indexsidebar.htm

Olympic White is what I use.

Always makes me chuckle when I see this type of thing. I am the same way, I will pursue some silly project until I get exactly what I want. To most people a color matched antenna is just a non-issue and they actually laugh and look at you funny when you mention it. Good Job sbravin I just burst out laughing when my wife said she thought something might be different with my new blue truck after I had spent a small fortune and several hours ordering and installing the G4 Elite Fold -A-Cover and BakBox toolbox hahahahahahaha.

I can fully understand the OP's situation, sometimes when consuming adult beverages the fingers type in independently of the brain but the forum is kind/generous and understanding. Relax fellas and mix another drink life is good.

Thanks MyFavTruck. Nothing is ever completed. I also installed the BakFlip F1 and people look at me funny when I got that antenna asking "why do you need that" it's the little things.. this antenna did not cost me a dime and it came straight from the dealer. When I see free, it's just for me is what I like to say. I would have had the dealership install it and be lazy but it's great to say I made this truck

Mine bugs the hell out of me too. I think i'm going to wrap my roof black for now anyways just to break up all the blue. Down the road will definitely be color matching tho.

Archived