Wife's SUV Broadsided by '15 F250 (pics inside)

GRN69CHV

your Wife's Volvo did its job of protecting her in the crash, IMO you should probably have your insurance company go after the F250 owner, since he was 100% at fault, and if the insurance company fails, seek legal counsel, and nail the guy to the wall!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My girlfriend had a Cadillac SRX totaled from a Dodge Ram with no insurance,no license,and thought to be illegal immigrant.

Her insurance only covered up to 100,000 she was screwed cause medical bills and car replacement ate that up and insurance company drop her.The new insurance company for the next 3 years were sky high.Srx was paid for in full when she bought it and insurance gave her about 2,000 more then she paid thought at that point we should be good,but she had 3 passengers and medical bills added up quick.I had a 2 year old in the truck and no lie he was traumatized too,weeks later he kept saying mama car went boom,boom,boom.Keep your head up it will all pass we got through it,I hope it works out better for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know how it is. I had the exact same thing happen to me. Green light to turn. Wham.

Glad your wife is ok.

But the guy who hit me was less then honest. And no one who seen the accident stayed. So insurance aberration said I was mostly at fault. So it went on my insurance. After that I got a dash camera. People will do anything they can so they won't be held responsible. Mine Didnt look too bad. But bent the bed and the frame. Totaled trailer and four-wheeler in the trailer. Broken wrist. 6months of therapy for my back. Won't go through that without proof again. 1522377f0434a9da19f173c0285f7f68.jpg23a1c17e27b2463b19053d08ede099cb.jpgef8f62f4d2f09f07019ccfe9cb56a048.jpga5b1cf1931a0c64a8e39f6781d9f69c9.jpg065ae9c9e273770fcc3420260e2cf675.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

smcgillis10, did you have a left turn on green light with yield or a left turn green arrow? In our case, it was a left green arrow. We went back and verified the light pattern sequence. Left green arrow come on after the side street empties out. Then left turn arrow, then straight ahead green light.

I did the math. Made that left turn several times and video several cycles. Takes 3-4 seconds for first car to make the sweep to point of impact. If the truck was doing the speed limit of 45 mph (highly unlikely) it puts the oncoming truck at 198' (66 yards) from point of impact when the left arrow changed. If he was running faster it's simple math, 60 mph is 1 mile/minute = 5280'/minute = 88 ft/second. If he was doing 60 mph, numbers get big fast, at 60 mph, that truck was 264' from point of impact. That's 88 yards away.

As for a lawyer? Got that covered. my oldest daughter is an attorney. She was not real happy to see her mother in the ER.

Was able to get a look at the truck that hit her, F250SD totaled also now. Frame is cracked, body is twisted, upper body section that ties in at the dash is bent and cracked. Comments made by the guys at the body where the truck is located said, and I quote "that Volvo really tore up this truck". Yeah, no kidding.

post-139324-0-12107700-1479419249_thumb.jpg

post-139324-0-66402300-1479419258_thumb.jpg

Glad the wifey is ok dude, that was a brutal wreck.

People who cause any sort of accident TWD clearly demonstrate they do not care for their privilege to drive.

As such, anybody who, beyond a reasonable doubt, can be proven to be TWD at the time of the accident should lose their license for 3 years.

My thought anyway.

smcgillis10, did you have a left turn on green light with yield or a left turn green arrow? In our case, it was a left green arrow. We went back and verified the light pattern sequence. Left green arrow come on after the side street empties out. Then left turn arrow, then straight ahead green light.

I did the math. Made that left turn several times and video several cycles. Takes 3-4 seconds for first car to make the sweep to point of impact. If the truck was doing the speed limit of 45 mph (highly unlikely) it puts the oncoming truck at 198' (66 yards) from point of impact when the left arrow changed. If he was running faster it's simple math, 60 mph is 1 mile/minute = 5280'/minute = 88 ft/second. If he was doing 60 mph, numbers get big fast, at 60 mph, that truck was 264' from point of impact. That's 88 yards away.

As for a lawyer? Got that covered. my oldest daughter is an attorney. She was not real happy to see her mother in the ER.

It was a green left turn arrow. Our lights are weight triggered. So there's no set sequence until the light hasn't changed in a while (motorcycles). I got a lawyer also and fought for two years. But our legal system is flawed. So we settled, Was so tired of fighting. Right after I got a dashcam. And unfortunately got into another similar accident. Luckily I had proof this time. No way for them to fight a second time. I have a perfect driving record and have my CDL for years.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Got estimate back, $25,800 in body and interior, this doesn't even include any mechanical damage once it comes apart. Insurance company going to to call it a total. Discussed the settlement today, these seem to hold their value. Paid $38,136 for it 2 years ago (got it in Sept '14), insurance company giving us $33,683 plus 6% for PA Sales Tax for total of $35,780 towards replacement.

Bills are adding up on this fast. Vehicle aside, Ambulance ride came in at $965.00. ER tab is in the thousands. Picked up a rental car this past Monday, that will be about $500.00 before we turn it back in. Tab on our side is quickly closing in on $50,000.

Was the ambulance a private or public ambulance? The one time I had to ride in one it was public and the EMS actually quietly told me not to pay the bill that I'd get. He said they never go after people that don't pay because the township covers the bill if the person doesn't. I ignored the bill and never heard another thing about it, that was 10 years ago.

The entire ordeal is really amazing. Like I said earlier, the accident happened about 3 miles from home. My youngest brother is Chief Engineer at CFPA Station #59 where the ambulance is from. Accident occured at 1:00 afternoon. He told me that was the 7th run of the day for that crew (2nd car accident of the day). As far as paying for ambulance and paramedics, we'll pay the bill and file to recover with the claim.

Really appreciate the concerns expressed by everyone. There is a genuine concern among us for the safety of our families and an awareness that although we do what we can on our part, there is always the possibility that factors outside of our control often play their hand - and that's hard to swallow.

The entire ordeal is really amazing. Like I said earlier, the accident happened about 3 miles from home. My youngest brother is Chief Engineer at CFPA Station #59 where the ambulance is from. Accident occured at 1:00 afternoon. He told me that was the 7th run of the day for that crew (2nd car accident of the day). As far as paying for ambulance and paramedics, we'll pay the bill and file to recover with the claim.

Really appreciate the concerns expressed by everyone. There is a genuine concern among us for the safety of our families and an awareness that although we do what we can on our part, there is always the possibility that factors outside of our control often play their hand - and that's hard to swallow.

Happy Thanksgiving.I was driving kids to school couple days ago car shot out the parking lot without rechecking his left side and T-Boned the car in front of me.Im at 4,000 miles on 2016 and no defensive driving would have saved me.3 schools on one block lots of traffic and lots of kids walking I'm always extra careful but anything can happen with that scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Wanted to provide an update. Driver of the other vehicle did not admit to texting but did finally admit to "looking down for a few seconds and didn't see the light". He was issued a citation for running a red light. Insurance company settled with us on replacing the car, she got a great deal on '16 Volvo XC60. Still having a lot of back pain and is now going through PT. In restrospect,it is kind of amazing that even with all of the impact absorption built in how bad you get tossed around when hit that hard. Report filed indicates truck was running at least 45mph (posted speed limit) at impact.

• 1 month later...

Wanted to provide an update. Driver of the other vehicle did not admit to texting but did finally admit to "looking down for a few seconds and didn't see the light". He was issued a citation for running a red light. Insurance company settled with us on replacing the car, she got a great deal on '16 Volvo XC60. Still having a lot of back pain and is now going through PT. In restrospect,it is kind of amazing that even with all of the impact absorption built in how bad you get tossed around when hit that hard. Report filed indicates truck was running at least 45mph (posted speed limit) at impact.

That really sucks she is still feeling this. Sorry to hear man.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Archived