LS3 Corvette cam without a tune?

HCATK

I have a 2000 GMC Sierra 2wd ext cab with 134,000 miles on it. My buddy has a corvette that he just put a cam in, thus he has his stock cam. Would I be safe to put this cam in my truck without a tune? I want to put headers and some other mods on it before I get the tune, so it would be a month or two before I got it.

I have a 2000 GMC Sierra 2wd ext cab with 134,000 miles on it. My buddy has a corvette that he just put a cam in, thus he has his stock cam. Would I be safe to put this cam in my truck without a tune? I want to put headers and some other mods on it before I get the tune, so it would be a month or two before I got it.

Won't even work. Pickup is on the wrong end and it is a single bolt vs your 3 bolt

Won't even work. Pickup is on the wrong end and it is a single bolt vs your 3 bolt

I can just change the cam gear for the single bolt - 3 bolt. Im not sure what you mean by pickup is on the wrong end.

I can just change the cam gear for the single bolt - 3 bolt. Im not sure what you mean by pickup is on the wrong end.

the gen 3 engines pick up the sensor signal on the rear. The gen 4 uses the front. So if you want to use a massive extension harness and a gen 4 cover. You also need new valve springs for lift over the stock for the trucks. At the cost for everything to do it, you would be around the cost of just ordering the cam kit from somewhere like Texas speed

Archived