I was just researching the the 2017 gmc canyon denali. For a $45,000 truck, you do not get a push button start and only 4 way power seats. I was wondering why GMC went so cheap on these very common features that come standard on just about every vehicle in this price range. I am sure that factory install costs for 8 way power seats and a keyless ignition would cost very little. I am new to GMC products, I have owned Ford and Toyota forever. Is it common for GMC to go cheap even on a $45,000 truck. The so called denali trim seems to be a joke. Thanks..

• 4 months later...

I currently have a 15 Canyon SLT with everything i could put into it, love the truck and a dream to drive on my annual jaunt to Texas. When i had the opportunity to see the new Denali there is just enough difference in extra goo-gaas and engine /transmission upgrades for me to order a new one (V6 no diesel for me). Now if I could only get some one to put it on a rail car and move it to the Great Northwest. It is sitting in Wentzville waiting for a rail car---going on it's third week of relaxation.

Perhaps this is just more waiting time so I will greatly appreciate it more. Unfortunately I will need to wait until the coming winter to try out the heated steering wheel :) looking forward to that !

I am happy with the seats particularly since i am the only driver, however, a power rear slider and Home link garage door opener could have been included with this package

Stilloffshore, I too have only the one vehicle, the dealer agreed to the trade in amount and signed a purchase order with that amount when the new vehicle arrives. I'm sure they are as anxious as I for the Denali to arrive but the first two weeks wait was their foul up ( order withdrawn by dealer and new one submitted). For whatever reason i am more excited about this truck than the past three Canyons that I ordered.

A photo series will be done when the truck arrives and i will post some pictures if i can manage to do so with my limited ipad skills.

I really like the Sierra Denali but there is just more truck than i need to park, drive, put into my garage and still have room for three tons of pellets stacked in front of it as well as my tractor with the snow blade that gets its share otf work out each winter ( you probably cannot relate to pellets and snow plowing but up here by the Canadian border it is an issue). :)

Haha...yeah, we see snow once every 15 years or so..sometimes it's more than 3" deep!!! I'm about 40 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. I have needed the space of the full size bed, but, that's only due to the remodel at the house right now. Once that's over, I doubt I will need the larger bed. As long as the canyon bed can hold a few fishing poles and an icechest....perfect!! I am interested in the diesel engine.

Stilloffshore, No problem with that bed--soon as the remodel is done just run your long bed cross wise over the table saw and pop a few feet out of the center, a little Gorilla tape, maybe a spray can to touch up the boo bos and now you have a truck that will fit in the garage along with the Rolls Royce.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just researching the the 2017 gmc canyon denali. For a $45,000 truck, you do not get a push button start and only 4 way power seats. I was wondering why GMC went so cheap on these very common features that come standard on just about every vehicle in this price range. I am sure that factory install costs for 8 way power seats and a keyless ignition would cost very little. I am new to GMC products, I have owned Ford and Toyota forever. Is it common for GMC to go cheap even on a $45,000 truck. The so called denali trim seems to be a joke. Thanks..

Have you seen how many ways the tacoma seats power?

It is about how it compares in class which it does so very well (upgraded leather, cooled seats, heated steering wheel, ect), Do you see that on the tacoma? These trucks are not supposed to be compared to higher models of different vehicle lines. Mid size trucks are made to cost less than their full size brothers, they won't have all the same junk to keep costs down as people scoff at the idea of paying in upwards of 50k for a midsize truck. Also push button start is a worthless option that works best if you have purse.

GMC is far from cheap, their interiors put the tacoma to shame.

Nice first complaint post, maybe try some research next time? Sounds like you would be an idea candidate for a luxury car...

Tyler

AMXguy, Agree with your comparison suggestions, I am due to have my Denali delivered to the dealer today and after a few accessories are added I shall finally have my new truck ready to enjoy. While waiting for my new Denali I accompanied my neighbor on a shopping spree to replace his Toyota Highlander with a new one sans the battery and electric motor option. While in several dealerships I looked at the Tacoma and not liking the external styling was amazed to get the impression this gaily colored truck was little more advanced in the interior than ten years ago.

Maybe Toyota put their money in other areas but changing the plain plastic and no frills interior was not one of those areas.

My new Denali will be my fourth Canyon and I have yet to have a mechanical problem other than recalls by the factory all of which have been small issues. I can survive without a power rear slider and look forward to enjoyable times in the new vehicle.

• 3 weeks later...

Likaroc, I have had the new truck for a couple of weeks now and cannot believe the difference between the 2015 and 17. The engine has a lot more snap and the eight speed has become so smooth that it is hard to find the shift points. The Denali sits a couple of inches higher and for my long but arthritic legs it is a good thing. There are other subtle changes and the heated steering wheel is a real keeper.

I can see why your brother loves his truck. I loved my previous Canyon and the new one is just a bit nicer.

• 7 months later...

I’m wayyy late to this, but I’m slowly getting back into the forums. Anyway— OP is 100% right. GM did cheap out on the Canyon “Denali.” And I feel like I say this with an acute understanding of their products. I had a 1500 LTZ, a 2500 SLT, plus a couple of regular cars, and I now own a 2017 Canyon Denali ... I can tell you with great confidence that they did cheap out and those cut corners are obvious after owning the truck for a few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Archived