Active grille shutters

I can't seem to find much information on them or even pictures. Apparently my truck has them. Anyone else have them or have pics or know anything about them? All I know is they are supposed to improve mpg's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What year truck do you have? Your thing at the bottom of your post says 2013?

Active Grille Air Shutter Description and Operation

The active grille air shutter system closes shutters in the front grille to enhance vehicle aerodynamics in driving situations where cooling and A/C loads are relatively low and high levels of front end airflow are not required. If high levels of airflow are required the active grille air shutter system will open one or both shutters. The control signal from the engine control module, ignition and ground circuits enable the active grille air shutter actuators to operate. If the conditions for opening the shutters are reached the engine control module commands the active grille air shutter actuators to open one or both shutters.

The dual active grille air shutter system consists of two aero shutter mechanisms located in the front grille for controlling the amount of air entering the engine compartment. It includes three wires; ground, power and a Local Interconnect Network (LIN) Bus serial data circuit from the engine control module to the shutter actuator. The engine control module determines shutter state based on various vehicle conditions such as vehicle speed, coolant temperature, fan state, refrigerant system pressure, A/C compressor state and ambient temperature. The engine control module has the ability to command each shutter individually to the open or closed positions through communications on the LIN Bus.

The actuators are powered by an ignition circuit that is active when the key is in the RUN position. The vehicle may have to be driven for up to 13 minutes at speeds greater than 41 km/h (25 mph) before a shutter begins to move. If low ambient temperature is detected, the shutters will remain in the closed position.

ALL 2017s have them??

I thought they were added in 2016 but that might be off.

Looking in the order guide, they are standard on all 2017 1500 trucks and was new for 2017 model year.

http://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2017&regionID=1&divisionID=1&type=0&vehicleID=20064&section=oi_def&page=7&butID=16

12th item down on the list. No RPO code associated with it.

And they actually move!! It was a little chilly this morning (14* F) so I decided to check them out. I remote started the truck then immediately checked them out and they had both closed. But then, long before the truck warmed up, they both opened about half way. I have no idea if that's correct or not but at least they did something. :thumbs:

• Like 1

2017 LTZ Z71 6.2

I wish my truck didn't have them as now I have to return my LED bar for behind the grille

I have a very similar truck as you do, what length light did you have so I don't make the same mistake?