GMC Newbie

Hello all!

First post!

I just put a deposit down on a 2017 1500 6.2 Denali Ultimate in Blue, Crew Cab / Short bed. Fell in love with this particular blue metallic. I am giving up my 2013 Ford Raptor for this puppy! Soooo, I pulled out all the stops and went for it!!!

I'll have it Monday or Tuesday. Very excited. This SOB is loaded and I need that giving up the Raptor.

Tell me I'm gonna love this?

R.

Like others say on here don't pay a lot of attention to some of these forms. I have had my Sierra for 15 months and 0 problems and I love it. Make sure you post a pic and what you think about it when you get it.

Hello all!

First post!

I just put a deposit down on a 2017 1500 6.2 Denali Ultimate in Blue, Crew Cab / Short bed. Fell in love with this particular blue metallic. I am giving up my 2013 Ford Raptor for this puppy! Soooo, I pulled out all the stops and went for it!!!

I'll have it Monday or Tuesday. Very excited. This SOB is loaded and I need that giving up the Raptor.

Tell me I'm gonna love this?

R.

Great news your dumping a 2009 model Frame with overly beefed up suspension promising it's the greatest thing ever made! Bent frames and 13mpg's and still one FERD guy can't come to grips with the hunk of CRAP! Now lets take this fella who maybe was looking to get another RAPTOR? NOPE FERD only offers the ECOBOOST V6...HA...HA screwed ya again!

Welcome my friend please enjoy your real truck with more power better MPG'S better durability......you will be done with your FERD adventure!

I don't know much about the Raptor except that it has one of the coolest looking Grills I've ever seen. The truck just looks awesome from the front. However, I have had a couple of Fords (weak moments in life) and had nothing but problems. GMC is the way to go.

I traded an '08 F150 for my Silverado. Mine is a little more...let's say, basic than your Denali, but I'm really happy with the purchase. The Silverado rides smoother and the 5.3 has more low to mid range grunt than the 5.4 Triton in my F150. I had the Borla dual exhaust from GM installed on my truck and love it. If you are considering upgrading the exhaust, I strongly recommend this system. It sounds like a power boat when you step on the gas and just has a slight rumble when you are cruising or idling.

I also really like the 6 speed transmission. It was a bit clunky at first, but after about 2000 miles it smoothed out and it always seems to know what gear to be in. ( I am told this is because the transmission has to learn your driving style). Also be aware that when you are traveling between 50 and 70 MPH in overdrive at low RPM, you may notice the engine RPMs fluctuating by about 200 to 300 RPM. This is normal. It is designed to keep the transmission from constantly hunting for lower gears.

GM has a different build philosophy than Ford, and it seems like some people love it and some people hate it. I for one love everything about this truck.

I was a Ford guy for my whole life (brother works for Ford - I've owned 5 Ford Trucks), until this past March, when I bought my 2016 Sierra.

I will never go back to Ford. The GMC is better quality, has better gas mileage, more intuitive technology, and you get more bang for your buck. Ford is, in my opinion, severely overpriced.

I love my Sierra! The only thing I had to get used to was the somewhat clunky shifting at very slow speeds (I live in the worst traffic area in the USA). But other than that, it's hands down the best truck I've ever owned.

I was a Ford guy for my whole life (brother works for Ford - I've owned 5 Ford Trucks), until this past March, when I bought my 2016 Sierra.

I will never go back to Ford. The GMC is better quality, has better gas mileage, more intuitive technology, and you get more bang for your buck. Ford is, in my opinion, severely overpriced.

I love my Sierra! The only thing I had to get used to was the somewhat clunky shifting at very slow speeds (I live in the worst traffic area in the USA). But other than that, it's hands down the best truck I've ever owned.

Read the forums you can get the clunkiness to go bye, bye! And congrats to the BYE, BYE to FERD!

Archived