Ordered a whipple! Anyone that's got any tips or insight plea

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Ended up being my input shaft. Gm is also done paying so its at my cost.

I'm really hoping the z06 has an upgraded part that will work but I probably won't get that lucky.

They are wanting to replace the trans for just north of 4k :-\

Ended up being my input shaft. Gm is also done paying so its at my cost.

I'm really hoping the z06 has an upgraded part that will work but I probably won't get that lucky.

They are wanting to replace the trans for just north of 4k :-\

What in the hell were you doing that you broke the input shaft?

If GM isn't going to pay for stuff any more I suggest not utilizing them for work moving forward.

I was running the zo6 trans tune with no tq reduction on shifts and dropped from 8 to 3 which Always causes a bang. It was very abrupt lol.

If I shift down to say 5th then floor it it is smooth as butter so ill just have to modify my tune to not allow that situation to occur

They are working with me on the costs. And upgrading me to zo6 spec. Plus the truck is an hour away from my shop so I'm just gonna let them handle it this time. Everything else from here on out will be done at home loll. Still waiting on my whipple which is getting ridiculous

Called Maryland speed today and was told that their supplier crapped on them pretty much And they awarded me 300 in store cstdit! So technically I got the blower for 5k! When I do get it that is...

Should be ready tommorow. 4292 plus tax. Tack on 1500 for me to keep my core trans and tc

I'm wondering where I should send it to be beefed up. I guess ill call circle d and ask.

Ok I'm officially a dunce. Broke the new input shaft in 3 days. Sending my old trans to circle d to be gone through/input replaced. The whipple is coming so I will have it on when I get it back together.

Its something in the zo6 trans tune that is causing it in sure at this point. So ill be going back to the stock tune and mAking changes from that. Live and learn.

You may want to iron out your tune or driving style before you add 100HP to your truck. I have a 92 truck with a stroker and whipple running 12 LBs of boost. The 700R4 trans has stage 2 build with one rebuild in 10 years and is now 10 years old. The rear end is a stock 373 with 120K miles on it. I've been building driving stuff like this for 40 years and learned real quick something has to give, unless I'm playing at the track it the tires. I rather break them loose than break a hard part. I'm not knocking you but it's more fun driving and improving than fixing broken stuff.

I'm sending my original trans first then when I get that back ill send the one currently in the truck. Looking into switching to a billet converter, as well as switching back to a 35" tire and installing oem 3.73.

Just wanted to follow up:

Sending my stock trans along with a new input shaft to circle d today.

Whipple ships on the 4th with 3.625 pulley

Branden at Maryland speed is covering the costs on an elite catch can with dual check valves and clean side separator

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to follow up. I know you guys probably disregarded the project entirely but I have been chipping away. Ended up with

Whipple with 3.625" pulley

Vengeance/wiseco forged drop in pistons

Brian tooley blower cam w 38 %lobe

Platinum .660 springs With ti retainers

Morel lifters

Katech dod delete valley pan

Lt4 head gaskets

Comp vvt limiter kit

C5r timing chain

Alky control single nozzle on 100%

Straub bushed trunion upgrade

Kooks 1 7/8 with off road y into Walker btr muffler with a 3.5" muffler bypass off a qtp cutout that dumps back into the tailpipe after the muffler

Elite dual outlet with check valves and clean side seperator

Katech 103 tb

Afe momentum hd

Caspers iat breakout harness

Ls9 map

Etc

Should be done with all the installs by the first of the month

Archived