2006 Silverado 1500HD blower works, no airflow

I had the problem that a lot of people have had with their blower motor resistor. basically, all of a sudden, your heater blower stays on ALL THE TIME, and you have to pull the fuse and replace the Blower Motor Resistor.

So, I went to change it out, and i found out that since i have the HD model, there is AUTO temp control, so i had to buy the $90 one. Ok, so i did that, and replaced it. Well, now the blower motor doesnt stay on all the time, so that's good. The problem now is there is no vent control, and no air coming out of ANYWHERE. I have FULL blower control, with all the fan speeds working, but no air. I know the blower is working, because I can hear it doing what the control panel is telling it to. I can feel the heat, and if I let it sit for long enough it will warm up in the cabin, but it's just from air seeping out, not from any legitimate airflow. I am seriously losing my mind with this truck lately... any suggestions would be really great. also, is it possible that the new motor resistor, while fixing the heat-staying-on issue, somehow is the wrong resistor, and maybe causing something else to go haywire?? I got it at Autozone, so i doubt that it's the wrong model, but still....thanks

Maybe the fan is wired backwards and is sucking air.....

i looked at that... i did have to splice some wires, but it all was like color to like color. and then the wires into the actual fan came wired into a plug, so that would mean it came from the factory backwards. I've definitely reversed some wires in the day, but this is red to red, black to black, and tiny purple to tiny purple. could the plug be wired backwards from the factory?

At the very least a simple test is to place a tissue on one of the vents to see if it holds in place, if it does then the motor is running backwards.

tried that, and it has positive airflow.(just leaking, not blowing)

another guy told me that means nothing, and i had to find the cabin air intake and do the test there. currently looking for that... :)

• 1 month later...

Archived