Strobe Light Recommendations

I'm looking to install a strobe kit in my personal truck. I can have them done through my employer but don't care for the installers work. I'm looking at Whelen and Feniex brands for quality products. Any recommendations on what you have used is appreciated.

What locations do you utilize for mounting locations. I want some just for the fun of it. Whites and ambers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grill / fog - red / white , Rear - taillight / back window - red / amber

Do you just 2 side tape them to the louvers in the grill or create a bracket? For the tail light, drill into the housing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the shop installed them , alone with the radio's cables . since they build PD ,Fire, Ems units

I've had several recommendations to go with Whelen over sho-me flashers. I ended up going with the Whelen ULF44 flasher. Seems like a good product. I was also looking for a flasher with a steady burn option so I could use the lights as work lights, backup lights, and fog lights.

Check out my thread here: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/193793-led-strobe-light-install/?fromsearch=1

• 1 month later...

Below is a video of what I got put onto my truck. Looks like you are in Chicago, call George at wicked warnings if you are not installing your self. He did great work.

One of our guys from work will end up doing mine. I bought all Whelen lights and a Federal Signal controller. Was that your truck in the video or the installers? What kind of use is that lighting being used for? All that white or Clear in the back is only going to blind approaching vehicles. Depending on the use you have to watch which colors you use as well.

I don't know if you're just using the term strobe generically but strobes for emergency lights are absurdly outdated. Look into LEDs. Much more compact, much less electrical draw and they'll run forever.

I'm looking to install a strobe kit in my personal truck. I can have them done through my employer but don't care for the installers work. I'm looking at Whelen and Feniex brands for quality products. Any recommendations on what you have used is appreciated.

Sound Off Signal or Whelen are your best bet for quality lights.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

One of our guys from work will end up doing mine. I bought all Whelen lights and a Federal Signal controller. Was that your truck in the video or the installers? What kind of use is that lighting being used for? All that white or Clear in the back is only going to blind approaching vehicles. Depending on the use you have to watch which colors you use as well.

That is my truck. They are used to enter and exit lane closures so I wanted the bright white but did not want the directional bars because I am not out there telling drivers which lane to drive in. They are all led's by feniex.

Archived