99 suburban fuel issue

yocomw

Question

Ok I bought a 1999 GMC Suburban with a vortec 5.7. Since I bought this truck I have rebuilt the transmission and engine. It need the transmission done when I bought it. Then the engine started knocking not long after rebuilding the transmission.

About a week ago I started the truck and moved it about 10 feet then shut it off. It has not started again since. I check the pressure and had nothing. I started with testing the relay and it was fine. I replaced the fuel filter and had the same result. So I ordered a fuel pump rebuild kit from rock auto. Rebuilt the fuel pump and checked it after I put it back in the tank. It started spouting fuel out so put it in the tank back and hooked everything up and I still have no fuel pressure. My buddy suggested that I might have a clog in the line somewhere and to blow air through it. I took everything apart and blew air one section at I time from tank to fuel filter then from filter to intake connection. Put the filter back in line and blew air from tank to intake and air is coming out with no restrictions. I retested the pump and I still works fine. I am at a loss and need some help.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived