Moving to Dallas - Looking for good service

Hi all,

I am relocating to the Northern Dallas area suburbs, I have a GMC and my wife does as well.

So I am looking for suggestions of people who may have had experiences with any of the local dealers/service centers in that area. (Chevrolet or GMC as they will ultimately service both).

I am quite a stickler when it comes to the details and quality of service, so any input would be greatly appreciated.

I normally try to do much of the work on my own vehicles, but since I am renting a townhouse, most of my tools will be in storage until I find a more permanent place.

I am really excited to move to Texas, I have been trying for awhile.

I am also looking for good places to give the truck a bath, as I like to keep her looking new.

I am also looking to network when down there, as I am moving without any close friend or family, so I would be interested in meets, clubs, etc.

Thanks for any input.

Sewell in North Dallas will probably have the highest level of service (as well as the showroom and waiting areas), they are a chain of luxury car dealers and this one just happens to have a GMC dealer too. Other's have been hit or miss. Freeman has done well by me as well as James Wood.

Tons of higher end washing places here to run through though having a town home and the much warmer weather here I would hand wash it.

Side note, used some PTO and went golfing yesterday (low 70's and sunny), shooting today and will ride the motorcycle to work tomorrow so there are good things about the weather. Keep the garage open for the storms we get. Cheap gas and cost of living/housing. Enjoy the move, quite different than up there, be prepared for the summers.

Tyler

Best by me is Classic Buick GMC in Carrollton. I special ordered my truck through them, and their service dept is one of the best. BJ Worley, the sales guy, knew everything about our trucks since he worked in the Arlington Truck factory before retiring and then going into sales. Knew all of the tricks and traps. One of the only guys that could answer ALL of my questions; plus, he loves to see what we've modded on our trucks....

Hi all,

I am relocating to the Northern Dallas area suburbs, I have a GMC and my wife does as well.

So I am looking for suggestions of people who may have had experiences with any of the local dealers/service centers in that area. (Chevrolet or GMC as they will ultimately service both).

I am quite a stickler when it comes to the details and quality of service, so any input would be greatly appreciated.

I normally try to do much of the work on my own vehicles, but since I am renting a townhouse, most of my tools will be in storage until I find a more permanent place.

I am really excited to move to Texas, I have been trying for awhile.

I am also looking for good places to give the truck a bath, as I like to keep her looking new.

I am also looking to network when down there, as I am moving without any close friend or family, so I would be interested in meets, clubs, etc.

Thanks for any input.

I've had good experiences with Huffines in Lewisville. Their facilities are nothing spectacular, but the service folks have been great to deal with in my limited experience.

As far as the networking goes, I can't hook you up with any clubs or the like. I'm always up for meeting somebody interesting, though. I'm in the Frisco/Little Elm area. Send me a PM if you'd like to get together sometime. I've lived around here my whole life, and I'd be glad to give you a rundown of the area.

Thanks for the replies! Appreciate the opinions on people/places.

I will have to check with the townhouses water usage policy, takes so dang long to wash, would be hard to go unnoticed.

Regards,

Dustin

Thanks for the replies! Appreciate the opinions on people/places.

I will have to check with the townhouses water usage policy, takes so dang long to wash, would be hard to go unnoticed.

Regards,

Dustin

Stonebriar Chevrolet in Frisco is great, Plano/McKinney has great options too.

I use Freeman Buick/GMC in Grapevine. I think they claim to be the #1 GMC dealer in North Texas - whatever that means. I haven't had any issue with them. Very new facilities. Nice people. Great area. Nice loaners. Though it may be a little far for you.

You should also swing by Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine which is the largest Chevy dealership in the country. It's an impressive lot(s). I don't know anything about their service though.

Archived