Intake manifold swap?

No need to be concerned. You can do the swap and pick up a little "power" and acceleration without the tune, but also remember its factory parts so the dealer wouldn't know for warranty work on anything but the motor. Now when you tune it its a totally different situation. I plan to do the swap and then wait for tuning till I get Long Tubes

But why do stock when you can do aftermarket? I mean I'm still doing my research just debating on whats a better investment

Because a stock L83 5.3 has a TB size of around 80mm and the stock L86/LT1TB has a size of about 87mm therefore it's bigger than the Power Flo and cheaper. Not many people spend the money on the Power Flo vs the L86 fb and manifold cause for the gains the power Flo isn't worth it.

Because a stock L83 5.3 has a TB size of around 80mm and the stock L86/LT1TB has a size of about 87mm therefore it's bigger than the Power Flo and cheaper. Not many people spend the money on the Power Flo vs the L86 fb and manifold cause for the gains the power Flo isn't worth it.

I thought that the Jet Powr-Flo was a 90mm piece...maybe I'm wrong.

According to summit racing its only an 80mm throttle body which to me doesn't do anything if factorynis 80mm.

Here's the link:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/jet-76108/overview/make/chevrolet

This is for the 5.3L. I'm referring to the 6.2L version (LT1/L86) model. Will look further and see what I come up with.

Thank you for the link.

According to summit racing its only an 80mm throttle body which to me doesn't do anything if factorynis 80mm.

Here's the link:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/jet-76108/overview/make/chevrolet

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/jet-76106/overview/year/2015/make/chevrolet/model/camaro

Found this on summitracing.com. Doesn't post the diameter size but in the reviews, someone said it was a 95mm piece.

There are aftermarket pieces at 102mm. Do you think I could just go in this direction or would be too much for nothing? .......

Remember I have a 5.3L, will add a 6.2L cam and intake manifold with a larger TB, long tube headers with 3in/3out offroad Y-pipe. I will probably add a flowmaster Super10 muffler or go straight pipe all the way (I love the sound honestly).

Currently my exhaust is stock headers, stock cats, the small mid section resonator and no muffler or rear resonator.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/jet-76106/overview/year/2015/make/chevrolet/model/camaro

Found this on summitracing.com. Doesn't post the diameter size but in the reviews, someone said it was a 95mm piece.

There are aftermarket pieces at 102mm. Do you think I could just go in this direction or would be too much for nothing? .......

Remember I have a 5.3L, will add a 6.2L cam and intake manifold with a larger TB, long tube headers with 3in/3out offroad Y-pipe. I will probably add a flowmaster Super10 muffler or go straight pipe all the way (I love the sound honestly).

Currently my exhaust is stock headers, stock cats, the small mid section resonator and no muffler or rear resonator.

at that point when do you think a 6.2L was the better investment?

at that point when do you think a 6.2L was the better investment?

Believe me I thought about it but they wanted another 12k for it and I thought no. I bought my truck cash with basic trim and the V8 and trailer package with the work bench. I'm spending far less than the 12k.

Stock 6.2L intake and TB (LT1 and 6.2 truck TB are the same) will be plenty for a stock 5.3L and definitely best bang for the buck. I say go with a Katech or Mamo ported LT1 TB as they are priced great and give plenty of flow for the 5.3 and some say not even needed extra flow for a stock engine. I hear the ported TB just give you better throttle response more than anything. I will be able to verify that late next week I hope.

I only did this swap because I plan to turbo in the future and figure it will help. If I was staying stock with just the headers, CAI and exhaust, I would just have sent the stock 5.3 TB out to get ported and call it good.