2017 Silverado clunking noise!!

Alright guys I purchased a new 2017 chevy Silverado LTZ z71 with the 8spd trans and 5.3L motor. Whenever I come to a stop I hear a clunk sound coming from the driveline. Possibly slip yoke issue?Took it in to the dealer twice already. The first time they sited a TSB stating it's normal . Second time I took it and took the mechanic for a drive to duplicate the issue. Mechanic heard it said they'll look into it. Get the vehicle back a few days later , dealer said they torqued all the rear suspension/axle bolts back down and it solved the issue. I picked the vehicle up and as I was driving home the issue is still there. It's going back Monday again for the same issue . Maybe 3rd times a charm?Clunk can be heard at 35 seconds and 56seconds In the video that I posted. Any suggestions anyone?

Edited by 17silveraDo

That's in that transmission most likely and is the dreaded 3-2 downshift clunk. Mine does the same thing at times and mine is a 15. Sometimes it's great, sometimes it clunks

• Like 1

That's in that transmission most likely and is the dreaded 3-2 downshift clunk. Mine does the same thing at times and mine is a 15. Sometimes it's great, sometimes it clunks

It usually does it really loud when I break hard to a stop sign or redlight. You can hear a real loud bang/ clunk inside the cab pretty noticeable.

Love the video that is awesome. I watched a couple of times and I am betting that you are getting some slight axle wrap causing the noise on your truck. I had the same thing on my 2014. If I were you I would probably stop in at my local auto parts and pick up a set of leaf spring clamps and put them on 5 inches forward of the axle block on each side and see if that will make the problem go away the same as it did on my old 2014. Cheap fix if it works for you and really easy/quick to install. Unless their is a TSB I doubt that your dealer will do much more than quote the old "Normal" BS after checking everything that they know to check.

Love the video that is awesome. I watched a couple of times and I am betting that you are getting some slight axle wrap causing the noise on your truck. I had the same thing on my 2014. If I were you I would probably stop in at my local auto parts and pick up a set of leaf spring clamps and put them on 5 inches forward of the axle block on each side and see if that will make the problem go away the same as it did on my old 2014. Cheap fix if it works for you and really easy/quick to install. Unless their is a TSB I doubt that your dealer will do much more than quote the old "Normal" BS after checking everything that they know to check.

Yup I was also thing axle wrap which is causing it binding up on the slip yoke . Posibbly also thinking about buying caltracs but heard of noise issues coming from them also . Any input on them?

I have 1000 miles on my 2017 ltz z71 5.3L and get a slight clunk that sounds like when my 06 canyon would engage 4lo but a lot less noise. once a week maybe when coming to a stop but it seems to be becoming smoother transitions and either the tranny is learning my driving or IAm learning its functions. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lets get that camera mounted so we can see the movement in your rear axle. Hopefully not as bad as this Caltracs video of before they added the bracing.

If you have that much movement then get the caltracs brace or an equivalent system ordered right away LOL

• Like 1

They will probably try to tell you it's normal and site you with a TSB and tell you to go on your marry way hoping you don't comeback.

I don't know your situation, but I actually have alot of problems with my truck. My paint has possible rust spots everywhere under the clear coat, my chrome is peeling on the rear bumper. To add I also have the chevy shakes and the clunking. I feel like its the opposite of christmas..

I don't know your situation, but I actually have alot of problems with my truck. My paint has possible rust spots everywhere under the clear coat, my chrome is peeling on the rear bumper. To add I also have the chevy shakes and the clunking. I feel like its the opposite of christmas..

I hope your dealer fixes all those issues. Did you ask them to buy it back by any chance?

I hope your dealer fixes all those issues. Did you ask them to buy it back by any chance?

I honestly have no idea how it'll go. From trolling posts on here theres nothing they will do for anything, however those could of been bad dealers. I'm just hoping I don't get screwed around like everyone says here :/