Pics in the Snow

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to plow the driveway w/ the truck would be a bit overkill. It's about a truck & a half long & 2 wide. LOL Much easier to use the blower, plus it adds another motor to the "Motorhead Index".

Mine didn't have the snow on it, since it resides in my garage, but it did get out yesterday and push some snow. Wife did half the job. Getting her up to speed on how to do it. 900' of drive and around outbuildings and barn.

Just a one from out at my land

Did I see your truck in MO last May? LOL It was probably the 1st pickup in the new blue. (thumbs up) I was leaning towards the Chev vs the GMC & seeing that crew cab on a sunny day sealed the deal.

Chevor

This was a while ago. Pulling Fifth Wheel camper.
100_0511_zpsfac4b13d.jpg
A few more after driving
101_0443_zpsohdcz76l.jpg

Hooking up

Okay so how is it towing a 5th wheel in the snow? We have a new 5th wheel. We are planning a trip up to Oregon and Washington. Plan on driving along the coast to avoid going over the Siskiyous and the Cascade range near Rogue River. But I also know that on occasion there is snow right near the coast. My truck is 4WD Z71, and we have cables for all 4, and will be buying cables for the front wheels of the trailer. I am planning on laying low if we are caught while at a campground, but want to be prepared if it happens while we are on the road to our next destination.

That wasn't that bad pulling through Wisconsin. The real problem comes with icy mountain roads and high crosswinds.

Keep a hand on the trailer brake control. Best way to know the roads icy is if you can't feel the trailer brakes engage. This will also help out if the rear of the truck starts sliding to straighten the rig back out.

If you can veiw Internet from a cell phone, state DOT sights display weather info.

Suggest Wind gusts above 40mph pull over and weight it out.

On ice pulling 30 mph is tops usually get away with 40 mph just truck. Keep a hand near the trailer brake.

I carry drive chains but never been in chaining situation. I think I prefer to wait it out.

Also put as much weight as you can on the rear axle of the truck. Even in 4 hi the rear drive wheels will lose traction first.

In 4Hi the front & rear tires are locked together as ONE - and the rears will only spin if the fronts can spin ... thought added weight in the rear will make for better traction all around

In 4Hi the front & rear tires are locked together as ONE - and the rears will only spin if the fronts can spin ... thought added weight in the rear will make for better traction all around

Yeah, the less weight over the rear axle, the more likely it is to jack knife.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Did I see your truck in MO last May? LOL It was probably the 1st pickup in the new blue. (thumbs up) I was leaning towards the Chev vs the GMC & seeing that crew cab on a sunny day sealed the deal.

Wasn't me. But I hear ya on the blue!!! It was love at first sight for me as well.

Archived