Pics in the Snow

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow.... It's amazing how many people still have no idea how a 4X4 system works. They're the same ones that will be ripping down the bone dry hiways in 4hi and then be pissed because their t-case ends up as shrapnel on the road.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

Kind of wish we got more snow here in Portland, OR. Do these trucks handle the deep snow pretty easy in 4wd?

I don't play much in the deep snow as I try to avoid the highways (& idgits) when it's snowing really hard. When I am out in it, slow & steady works. The longest stretch of unplowed highway I've driven was about 20 miles of 6". It was a bit nerve wracking (sun had set & still snowing), but I wouldn't want to do it on a regular basis.

Some interesting comments in this thread if you're new to winter driving;

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/194054-just-moved-to-upstate-ny;-never-driven-in-snow-before/

Kind of wish we got more snow here in Portland, OR. Do these trucks handle the deep snow pretty easy in 4wd?

Depends ow deep the snow is and if the snow is wet and heavy or dry and fluffy.

First track thru on 6" fluffy stuff can be a lot of fun when visibility is good.

6" of unplowed but tracked/packed wet snow, when it is close to freezing can be unnerving.

Drive into a deep enough drift of either and the truck can sit on it without sufficient weight on the wheels to pull you out.

Archived