my new 17 gmc sierra 1500 denali build

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much are the turbos and what brand? Are you getting a local shop to install them and. Will it void the power train warranty?

"Will it void the power train warranty?"

Come on man. He is adding twins. Anything in the power train is not covered anymore. If he is adding all that work he could care less about warranty.

Like the saying goes you have to pay to play

"Will it void the power train warranty?"

Come on man. He is adding twins. Anything in the power train is not covered anymore. If he is adding all that work he could care less about warranty.

Like the saying goes you have to pay to play

They sell some trucks with turbos from the factory lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mmmmmmm, can't sleep waiting for updates.

lol same here , most of the parts are just arriving now so the main work is just getting started, welding up a new manifold first.

They sell some trucks with turbos from the factory lol

like bino mentioned about the warranty, im sure it doesnt cover jack , gmc trucks dont have turbos but if they did it would just cover the factory turbos, my gtr has stock turbos but as soon as they are swapped for a bigger one the warranty is out the window. it doesnt bother me at all though.

the turbos are as pictured Garrett GTW 5858 x2 @895 each. the real money and work is in getting the kit made.

its a local tuner and builder thats doing it all for me, new exhaust , turbo kit and tune by RDE out of sacramento.

like bino mentioned about the warranty, im sure it doesnt cover jack , gmc trucks dont have turbos but if they did it would just cover the factory turbos, my gtr has stock turbos but as soon as they are swapped for a bigger one the warranty is out the window. it doesnt bother me at all though.

the turbos are as pictured Garrett GTW 5858 x2 @895 each. the real money and work is in getting the kit made.

its a local tuner and builder thats doing it all for me, new exhaust , turbo kit and tune by RDE out of sacramento.

Is it cheaper to buy them separate and get a kit made or to buy a turbo kit from an online retail store? I was googling prices and saw 3k +. If they come out to this range, why not just get a whipple? Just curious as to why you choose to do turbos over other options.

Thanks for info

I pefer using a twin turbo setup compaired to supercharger.

Superchargers are good for what they put out. No lag but tuning is limited. Power output is limited

Turbos have some lag down low but once they spool up (hang on) Also tunes for turbo setup gives you more options and more enjoyable.

I own a GTI as my daily and being a 4 cyl I can walk most V8 on the streets. I know if this car had a supercharger it would not be this fast.

thank you, the guys name is rich farler, owner of RDE out of sacramento california. he is actually planning to market this kit as soon as he finsihes mine.

yes on the dyno he did say that it shifted a gear thats why you see that. should be making double the power that it has now and plenty of room to go up if i choose to with the turbos being able to push 700hp each. i hate the power loss with lifts and bigger tires so this should be fun when its all said and done , excited for the results.

Well I always preach about the performance/capability LOSS when people add crazy lifts/heavy tires to trucks when they make no coinciding power/gear upgrades...kinda defeats the purpose in a way, but you took that mentality to a whole new level lol!

I will probably add some LT headers to mine in the future....I'll leave the FI to my vette,,,,gotta ask tho, why turbo setup vs. supercharger? Seems to me SC would be a much simpler install, more reliable, & in the event you ever sell the truck (doubt you have that in mind right now) alot easier to either de-mod or find a buyer for it w/ the SC on....my guess is a twin turbo truck would scare people away alot more than a supercharged one.

Very interested to see the results.

Have you had any issues w/ the tranny post tune? Did it reduce the "clunk", shifting flares, or any of the other gremlins?

Speaking of the tranny....I also assume you plan on having it built during the turbo install right? Where are you sending it? If you're not building it up....won't it pretty much implode as soon as those 2 snails are strapped on w/ a 6" lift & wheel/tire setup that is probably gonna increase your unsprung weight by about 40 lbs a corner??

Is it cheaper to buy them separate and get a kit made or to buy a turbo kit from an online retail store? I was googling prices and saw 3k +. If they come out to this range, why not just get a whipple? Just curious as to why you choose to do turbos over other options.

Thanks for info

thanks bino, you pretty much answered his question for me. i love turbos way more than superchargers, i have them on the m5 and gtr and they are awesome, loads of torque and hp .

they dont sell turbo kits for this truck yet, its still pretty new, there is only one company out there from what i was told that makes this kit, and rich is trying to be the secont person with this kit, buying the turbos is easy, but getting the parts made to make the kit work is not. this is not something the average joe can just bolt on like an exhaust. i prefer the shop to do this right, with the right tune to make everything work like butter.

I think the funniest part is where the OP went in for a custom tune and walked out with a twin turbo order. lmao.

should be fun when it's all finished.

lol , it was just a matter of time before i was going forced induction, i just didnt think this kit was available at all, or if he could even do it. once suggested what my plans are for supercharger, he offered something i cant refuse lol.

Archived