my new 17 gmc sierra 1500 denali build

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey guys its been like forever! i was frustrated that i even started the project , but after seeing my truck last night the frustration was gone in an instant lol. i had him do a 6 inch lift on the truck from bds, and toyo mt 35s while it was there, i could not get anyone to figure out how to make after marker icon or fox shocks work with my magna ride system so i just went with the stock shocks for now until they come out with something in the future, but i love how it turned out, love it!! i just got the truck and he has it on a very low tune , and i have to drive at least 600 miles to break in the turbos before it turns it up all the way and then wel do a dyno on the power. the sound is insane with a straigh exhuast rigtht now it sounds super mad. love it! will post the dyno sheet next week when i take it back for a full tune , i also bought a royalty core black grill with led light bar, but its hitting the intercooler so i have to get a special bracket to push the light bar out to make it work. ill post pics of that when i get it done to. but here are some pics. enjoy!.

20170324_184355_zps3su9ugqj.jpg

20170324_184450_zpshfycs6zh.jpg

20170324_183027_zpsmxfkyro0.jpg

20170324_180706_zps62fkbxhb.jpg

20170324_180651_zpsk7js75mz.jpg

20170324_180516_zpspgdmzyf3.jpg

20170323_192832_zpsi5c4ye5z.jpg

20170323_191944_zps3jlocwie.jpg

20170323_191936_zps5goexlxs.jpg

20170323_191852_zpsjdb0f803.jpg

20170323_1917470_zpsk97dp4pk.jpg

So, Ford has the Raptor. What will your GMC be named? It looks like what GM should build to put the Ford to shame!

thanks guys, i bought this grill that needs special brackets now for the led bar to come out more since its hitting the intercooler the way it sits, what do you guys think?

20170325_111431_zpsuflfvsmg.jpg

thanks for the kind words :) im dropping it off tomorrow for a couple more days or so i hope to get the main tune installed and finsih up a few small items. the stock power steps are a bit to high now as i knew they would be lol, so i will prob be changing them out to the aftermarket version that hides under the truck and drops down when the doors are open similar to this one that i have bit it lowers alot more than 2 inches. the truck will look higher with them to since they wont be visible when they are tucked up under the truck, i had them on the last truck and loved it.

i will be selling the stock wheels after i clean them up. as for the grill from the instructions it seems that i have to cut my factory grill inside out to be able to stick the new grill inside of my factory grill, i kinda dont want to do that as i may not like how it looks and want to go back to stock grill and if i cut it up i wont be able to do that. plus the led bar is hitting on the intercooler so i need to make some kind of brakcet for the led bar to come out more to be able to install it. i think i will try to find another used grill from a denali truck preferably with some damage in the center since i have to cut it out anyway , i dont want to cut my factory grill up as i still like how it looks just think the black with led bar would look better. another idea i had was to paint the inside of the stock grill black with plastidip .

how the heck you get the magnaride to work w/ a 6" lift? What is the ride quality like?

Nice build overall, I always like seeing some actual performance mods not just all the big wheels/tires/lift stuff

look up the 6 inch lifts on BDS website they make it for magnaride trucks. they come with relocation brackets and stuff to relocate the sensors so it drives just as smooth as it did stock , even smoother now that i have bigger tires. the ride qaulity hasnt changed , similar to stock qaulity i would say. i still want to change out the coilovers to icon or fox to toss teh spacers though, and change the upper a arms.

Not sure what you paid OTD....but be curious what you end up spending total on this build including the truck vs. what the new SVT Raptors are going for w/ the dealer markups.

​Sure the Fords have a warranty, but there's no comparison in terms of what's the better platform for big power.

Not sure what you paid OTD....but be curious what you end up spending total on this build including the truck vs. what the new SVT Raptors are going for w/ the dealer markups.

​Sure the Fords have a warranty, but there's no comparison in terms of what's the better platform for big power.

the truck out the door was cheaper than the raptor which wasnt even available here when i was in the market for one, i actually was waiting for them since fall, and it was thanksgiving already and the dealers still didnt have them here , so i got tired of waiting and went to check out the new denalis and ended up leaving with a new truck lol, they had a 5k off msrp sales going on them to , the truck was around 65k and i got it for around 60 plus taxes and fees so it was still around 65 or 66k out the door if i remember correctly. the lift /wheels and turbo /full exhaust mods are still under 20k right now , which the dealers wanted as markup for their pockets. i much rather have a twin turbo lifted denali over a stock raptor and its still cheaper than a stock raptor would have cost me.

Archived