remote start options

It seems that to add a factory option is a big deal on late model vehicles they have to change out Control Modules and other crap. I wanted a set of the factory retractable side steps but NOOOOOOOOOOOO just not possible but the aftermarket has some crappy retractable steps that you have to plug into the OBD11 port sigh. going to have to trade this silly thing in totally unacceptable..

Don't know if its been mentioned, but if you get the GM accessory remote start, you can also contact on-star to upgrade your remote link or "my Chevrolet" app so you can start your truck anywhere. The app is free for 5 years as long as you've activated it while under your trial period.

Or you can just go to the GMC/Chevy app and download that and start the truck that way. I do not have On star anymore but start my truck daily with my cell phone. My truck does have remote start though so I am not sure if that is part of it.

Or you can just go to the GMC/Chevy app and download that and start the truck that way. I do not have On star anymore but start my truck daily with my cell phone. My truck does have remote start though so I am not sure if that is part of it.

I'm pretty sure that app still functions through on-star though and they need to be contacted to update the app to show the remote start. otherwise, it will just show the lock/unlock and panic buttons.

Archived