Tire pressure position on dash WRONG.

Since the COLD weather is here now, I put air in the tires to bring them back up to where they should be. Set the pressure screen on the dash, showing the truck icon with the 4 positions. Upon filling the 2 front tires, the rear 2 positions went up. Filled the drivers rear, and the front passenger side went up, same thing on the rear passenger side, it went up on the drivers front. Are they all out of whack, or am I just lucky ?

Edited by SwampCatRuss

Thanks, that makes sence. Damn new fangeled truck is smarter than me. How do they relearn ?

Any GM dealer has the GM tool, a tire shop would have one, and most other shops probably do as well. I'm sure if your dealer is nearby that you could swing in and have them do it quick (especially if they serviced it last, as they are supposed to do it after the rotation). 2011 or 2012 and newer you need the tool to relearn the TPM sensors.

If you service your own truck, grab a tool online. https://www.amazon.com/Kent-Moore-EL-50448-Pressure-Monitor-Activation/dp/B00A3UNYW8 http://www.autotoolworld.com/Kent-Moore-Tool-EL50448-Tire-Pressure-Monitor-Sensor_p_198848.html?gclid=CjwKEAiAg5_CBRDo4o6e4o3NtG0SJAB-IatYk6sg1Rnsn7zkZaVfjyxqNcGkBCm9lZ0hrAbAgm6TnxoCOC3w_wcB

I have this one, works great.

The tire pressure screen is how you reset them. Go to it, hold the check button on the wheel until it says "Tire Learning Active". Once that happens, you take the tool and hit the button on it, holding it on the tire itself, pointed to the valve stem. You start with the left front and go clockwise around the vehicle. The horn chirps after each sensor is learned. Once you learn the left rear, the horn will double chirp signaling that the procedure is complete.

Edited by 15HDriver
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

How to you have it relearn ? i noticed my "front left" was down 5psi and my rear was up 3 so i went around trying to drain the 3, and add to the 5 low and it was opposite LOL so then i went and just set them all back to normal at a gas station pump that you mark the PSI and it adjusts it for you....

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2018 at 8:16 AM, Arch Angel said:

How to you have it relearn ? i noticed my "front left" was down 5psi and my rear was up 3 so i went around trying to drain the 3, and add to the 5 low and it was opposite LOL so then i went and just set them all back to normal at a gas station pump that you mark the PSI and it adjusts it for you....

You can't use that method on the newer trucks.  You need a TPMS tool to relearn it (or the dealership should have done it for you).  You can get this one and do it yourself.  Takes about 1 minute total to do all 4 tires:

http://www.tpmstoolshop.com/wholesale/el-50448-auto-tire-pressure-monitor-sensor.html