(Sorry for making another thread on something that may have been answered somewhere else, I had tried the search feature for this specific question in a couple formats but couldn't quite find anything. Perhaps I was searching with the incorrect format/tag words.)

After going through the forums, it seems as though most people have 2-2.5in of rake, whereas my measurements show a difference of 3-3.1 inches in rake. Is it more common for the 4x2's to have a higher back-end? If so, why might that be?? Or could it be due to measuring at the time of an almost empty gas tank? I wouldn't think it'd make an inch of height difference.

Any help/information would be greatly appreciated.

Depends on which way you'd like to level your truck, but for my 4x4 RCSB, installing 2" drop shackles and removing rear blocks (1 1/8" I measured) came out to be perfectly level. My fenders sit 37.5" from the ground on a perfectly flat surface. Doing that math, my truck had exactly the same rake as yours.

So a 2" kit should still be sufficient in that case? Or would I need the 2.5? And in the event that the 2.5 is the better option for aesthetics, would it put the same hard stress on my suspension as seen on some of the other threads for the 4wd trucks, or would mine have a bit more "room to play with" resulting in the 2.5 having a similar stress-factor as the 2 on other 4wd?

I apologize if I just talked myself in a circle, hopefully somebody gets what I'm trying to ask. I may have thrown a lot of questions, just trying to cover all the bases.

Your rear end is the same height. The front is lower. You don't have the 4wd components on the front axle so it can sit lower without interference.

So would that mean the 2.5" would give me similar results regarding level of front-to-back to people doing the 2" on their 4wd vehicles? If so, would it cause the same amount of stress of my suspension as seen on other 4wd using the 2.5", or would the 2.5" stress be similar to the 2" stress on a 4wd? If that makes sense.

• 1 month later...

I'm going through the same thing right now on my 17. I didn't need the 4x4 this time around and got a deal too good to pass up on the 2x. I'm debating going either 1.5" or 2", not trying to make it look like a 4x I just can't stand the rake. What I have seen is that everyone's measurements vary so when I get a few min I'm just going to toss a tape measure on my truck and decide which way to go. I don't want it perfectly level, I would like about 1" of rake.

Bilstein 5100 Adjustable front shocks. Search the forum (or Google 2014 2015 2016 Silverado Bilstein 5100). IMO (here we go!), a MUCH better ride that stock marshmallow shocks, less chance of suspension issues, raise truck front up to 1.85" (close enough to 2" for me). I also installed the matching 5100 rears.

Archived