2017 Denali equipment.

I have a couple of stupid questions. I have a 2015 Sierra Denali. 6.2/8speed. Love the truck. Transmission has been replaced once, transmission was updated this month with new software. (big improvement). Great ride, fast truck. Absolutely no complaints except 8 speed transmission problems. But sh*T happens.

So one of my employees wants my truck. So I said ok I will go order me a 2017 Denali.

Well now I am really pissed off about a few things I wanted on my truck but for some stupid reason GM doesn't offer them on the GMC truck line at any cost.

Last year, I bought my wife a new town and country limited minivan. I was surprised by the equipment that van has for 28K out the door.

I went to my past GM salesman to order a new truck. I wanted 6.2/8 speed. Blue. Denali , Push button start, Blind side alert. He said, Stop Stop. ??? Why. That's not offered on the truck. I was WTF. Really. I want to spend 65K and that's not available. Why??? I just spent 28K on a freaking mini van and I can't get that on a 65K truck. Are you kidding me?? He said no, I was like when will the engineer at GM pull the head out of there ass and design this into a 65K truck. Answer " maybe " next year. Really... (I said Ford has all that in 2016)

Is this true? Can I not order a truck with these options?

I have a couple of stupid questions. I have a 2015 Sierra Denali. 6.2/8speed. Love the truck. Transmission has been replaced once, transmission was updated this month with new software. (big improvement). Great ride, fast truck. Absolutely no complaints except 8 speed transmission problems. But sh*T happens.

So one of my employees wants my truck. So I said ok I will go order me a 2017 Denali.

Well now I am really pissed off about a few things I wanted on my truck but for some stupid reason GM doesn't offer them on the GMC truck line at any cost.

Last year, I bought my wife a new town and country limited minivan. I was surprised by the equipment that van has for 28K out the door.

I went to my past GM salesman to order a new truck. I wanted 6.2/8 speed. Blue. Denali , Push button start, Blind side alert. He said, Stop Stop. ??? Why. That's not offered on the truck. I was WTF. Really. I want to spend 65K and that's not available. Why??? I just spent 28K on a freaking mini van and I can't get that on a 65K truck. Are you kidding me?? He said no, I was like when will the engineer at GM pull the head out of there ass and design this into a 65K truck. Answer " maybe " next year. Really... (I said Ford has all that in 2016)

The salesmen is correct that it is not available in the GM trucks. Only the SUVs at this time.

The real aggravating part is when you realize those options are available on a tahoe or yukon priced the same.

Been discussed at length already...Surprised after owning a 2015 and being on this site that a salesman would have to bring you up to speed. That said, I agree...those items should be offered. What you can't get on the 28k minivan is a 420hp 6.2 V8!! :)

You can stick the Push button start up into an a$$ as well. I think they are the stupidest thing ever thought up.

Plus now they just scan your key fob right from outside your house and then just open your vehicle and drive away.

How is that better than a KEY? So they better fix the security issue before they go push button

I do however dislike how they offer up options.

I would love to have a sunroof but I'm NOT buying their most expensive model just to get one.

I also hate how GM releases a vehicle then slowly pulls options out as that model runs through it's life cycle. They did this allot on the Traverses.

Did this in the Sierra my 2014 GMC Double cab had BOSE the 2016 it's no longer offered. So yes added a couple of features but took good things away in the process.

I never thought id like push button start or care to have it until I got my vette. its 10 years old and has push button start. its pretty nice not having to find the key in your pocket. it auto unlocks when your next to the car too. I love it. total BS it doesn't come in the high country or denali as standard equipment

I never thought id like push button start or care to have it until I got my vette. its 10 years old and has push button start. its pretty nice not having to find the key in your pocket. it auto unlocks when your next to the car too. I love it. total BS it doesn't come in the high country or denali as standard equipment

You can stick the Push button start up into an a$$ as well. I think they are the stupidest thing ever thought up.

Plus now they just scan your key fob right from outside your house and then just open your vehicle and drive away.

How is that better than a KEY? So they better fix the security issue before they go push button

I do however dislike how they offer up options.

I would love to have a sunroof but I'm NOT buying their most expensive model just to get one.

I also hate how GM releases a vehicle then slowly pulls options out as that model runs through it's life cycle. They did this allot on the Traverses.

Did this in the Sierra my 2014 GMC Double cab had BOSE the 2016 it's no longer offered. So yes added a couple of features but took good things away in the process.

My SLT came with a sunroof. It's a $900 option on any truck SLE or better I believe but, it probably has to be ordered that way since most dealers will probably not order them for a dealer stock truck. I really could have taken it or left it. The truck I wanted with the options I wanted just happened to have it too.

A new thread for this? Seriously OP? Been discussed at great length, maybe take a gander at the website before hand? You know what, maybe make a new thread on how rear air vents are missing next?

A stupid option for guys. You got a purse? Great feature! Otherwise you have a wad of keys in your pocket, excellent! The only thing it is good for is if you are hopping out for a second (say to check a mail box or grab something from the convenience store) and you can keep it running while locked so you don't have to re-start it again and the cabin stays the same temp and you save battery life by reducing starts. Otherwise a useless snobby feature. We have had/have cars with it, anytime I drive it the keys are in the console (excellent way to forget to grab them) or in her purse...

Waaaa my 60k truck (which honestly you didn't pay anywhere near that) doesn't have X feature but a 20k economy car does. Yeah well you also have a much larger engine, full frame, 4wd (based on the type of guys crying about this stuff), larger brakes, tires, body, and can tow and haul 10x what they can, THAT IS WHY IT IS MORE EXPENSIVE. You want more of that crap like ball massaging seats prepare to have a 70k plus sticker half ton, then start a new thread asking why trucks are so expensive...

Gosh this is getting old. You pay for the capability of the truck not the temporary luxury features that will stop working in 5 years.

Tyler

Push start is really stupid, I can't believe how any guy want it. Wait until the first time u forget something inside grab ur keys to open house, toss on table, because u always do,,,,,, then walk out jump in truck and drive to the mall, shut off truck then u realize.......... oh wait, some cars must have fob within car, and when the fob goes dead in the middle of a busy intersection. Ya let's not go there either,

Sunroof is only available on crew SLT, not on SLE, or dbl cab at all anymore,

:driving: only things I'd change are actual rear console vents, and a optional shifter on the floor, but then again all that console space is great, and lastly I believe that the Denali should have heated rear seats as well, be a nice touch on what there trying to market there,

Also much to the point of this thread but very much spoken about on here, the GM ordering is garbage, why cant i order the truck the way I want, no reason the All Terrain couldn't be geared differently if someone wanted

Push button start is not that big of a deal for me. Our 2011 Lincoln had it, my 2008 Corvette had it and our 2016 Audi has it. in all reality it isn't a must have feature for me at all. If the vehicle has it then great, if not no biggie.

Op if you don't like it then go buy a Ford and move on.

My SLT came with a sunroof. It's a $900 option on any truck SLE or better I believe but, it probably has to be ordered that way since most dealers will probably not order them for a dealer stock truck. I really could have taken it or left it. The truck I wanted with the options I wanted just happened to have it too.

For 2017 , sunroof is available on crewcab SLT and Denali -- but not SLE.

100% agreed. Cheap GM

It's the only truck that doesn't offer it. Why not atleast give us the option of push start and Keyless entry.

We've had keyless entry for years....

Really some of the replies in this topic?

The OP is a member of this forum and has the right to discuss whatever he wants as long as it is not breaking site rules; well at least I hope this statement is correct. I am a site owner myself and I or any of my members rarely see posts like I am reading above on my site.

His discussion is about a truck, well last time I checked this is a GM Truck discussion forum and for the life of me I do not see why posts was made towards the OP.

So everyone would prefer the OP to bring up a Topic that could be years old, just to post his post and everyone if not paying attention to the dates on the initial posts might be reading old posts just to get to his post?

OP I feel your pain, last week is the first time I have owned GM product in over 20 years and to be honest I am surprised that GM is so far behind the 8 ball with the accessories offered by their competitors.

Don't get me wrong the truck I purchaed I am very happy with what I have on it, somethings I really did not need, but that was part of the package that came with it and there are somethings I am surprised that did not come on the truck so I had to purchase separate items to get the things I wanted to add.

Wow, this is a very touchy subject for several people. Has anyone with first hand knowledge know, why in the world GM engineers and corporate bean counter would let them self get this far behind Ford. It's not like we pay 10k less than a platinum or king ranch. I have a real hard time even thinking about driving anything but a Denali, but I have a neck injury and jerking my head around to check blind spots is coming to an end for me. The push button start is not a deal breaker but blind side mirror alerts are.. I can wait till 2018 but if that's not on there new feature list then I guess I will have to buy a different brand. It is what it is.

Archived