denali console removal?

I have the 40 20 40 seat, I love being able to pass thru and the locked giant storage under the seat is the best. My guess it there is a replacement panel for the dash. I have a coin tray and the 110 plug there, there are also 2 USB ports and a power point in the top bin and a power point in the storage under the seat and at the back of the seat for the rear people, it is for this reason and the full chrome front bumper that I put every option on a Denali on my SLT, I get twice the storage and power outlets and I can slide out the pass side without kicking and clawing my way over the hump. The whole thing bolts right in the same place, there is no difference in seats, it's just the middle.

i have always hated the center console. well now i want to figure out a way to replace it. i am sure i can find a black leather jump seat. but what would it take to cover the opening on the lower section of the dash? has anyone done this swap?

Hi Jerseydrew,

I have a denali and did the swap. Bought the jumpseat from ebay. It wasn't an exact match as the top was leather, and the bottom part is like a black fabric, but it was close enough for me. If you like there are some pictures from my swap in the post here: http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/194624-inverse-console-swap/

You will end up with a big hole where the bose subwoofer was located. I handled that by buying the weather tech floor matts for the bench type seat trucks. It covers the area up pretty nice.

Good luck, the actual swap was pretty easy once you figure out all of the weird connectors. I have yet to get any of the seat area connectors to work, but I didnt have much time available to fuss with it before I needed to get the seat operational for the family. I use bluetooth instead. I have all of the connectors in the dash working just fine.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived