Elite E2-X vs Moroso catch can

HI, I am wondering if anyone has any first hand experience with both of these? They both seem well built but on paper it seems like the Elite could be significantly better. Of course it is more than twice as expensive. Has anyone used both to objectively compare them?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the elite, no experience with any other brands. Yes it is expensive but it's supposed to be very good. Install was easy, everything was supplied in the kit.

Note, if you get the kit off their website it comes with the clean side separator, I didn't know that,and that automatically adds $100; so call them if you just want the can and hoses that will save you $100. I never installed the clean side as I feel no need for it; but I might put it on later.

I put the can on the truck the second day of ownership; about 100 miles. Drain it for the first time at 3800 miles, it collected about 2&1/2 to 3 ounces of oil/gas junk.

I have the elite, no experience with any other brands. Yes it is expensive but it's supposed to be very good. Install was easy, everything was supplied in the kit.

Note, if you get the kit off their website it comes with the clean side separator, I didn't know that,and that automatically adds $100; so call them if you just want the can and hoses that will save you $100. I never installed the clean side as I feel no need for it; but I might put it on later.

I put the can on the truck the second day of ownership; about 100 miles. Drain it for the first time at 3800 miles, it collected about 2&1/2 to 3 ounces of oil/gas junk.

thank you for that bit of information,

I have an Elite on my Cadillac and a two stage CP standard and HE on my pickup. Both deliver very fine results. The Caddy needed an Elite real bad. It is a 2006 that I bought this last summer with only 52,000 miles on it. Fantastic condition, but the engine obviously was not taken care of by the little old lady who drove it only to the store and church on Sunday. The Elite on the Caddy captures about 1/2 qt of oil in 2000 miles of operation. Engines still uses a little more than that, so I am getting a lot of blow by. Will have to replace the engine one of these days, but until then the Elite is helping to keep things moving along. Engine still runs great, but it is a clock ticking away. The 6.0L in my pickup, it is real tight and I only get about 3-4 oz of oil captured over an oil change interval.

I have an Elite on my Cadillac and a two stage CP standard and HE on my pickup. Both deliver very fine results. The Caddy needed an Elite real bad. It is a 2006 that I bought this last summer with only 52,000 miles on it. Fantastic condition, but the engine obviously was not taken care of by the little old lady who drove it only to the store and church on Sunday. The Elite on the Caddy captures about 1/2 qt of oil in 2000 miles of operation. Engines still uses a little more than that, so I am getting a lot of blow by. Will have to replace the engine one of these days, but until then the Elite is helping to keep things moving along. Engine still runs great, but it is a clock ticking away. The 6.0L in my pickup, it is real tight and I only get about 3-4 oz of oil captured over an oil change interval.

Could the rings be carboned up to the point their stuck? Might be worth trying some of the old school carbon removal (ATF or water mist in the intake)?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I did use some AC Delco X66P and did a piston soak on it. No real change. Also did a top side clean out with CRC Intake Valve Cleaner. No dice. The 3.6 LY7 used some low tension rings in the design. And the PCV port at the rear of the passenger side valve cover has no effective baffling to prevent oil from being drawn up into the PCV line. Kind a a mixed bag of bad things.

I am looking at putting another engine in this car that has many of the issues fixed. A really nice car that is immaculate and I can't see throwing it away over an engine. But the catch can will go back on it when I put another engine in. Just stalling to pay for it and find the time to do it. I reallze it is a 10 year old car, but it also now qualifies for the lowest license plate fees in the state... $50 a year. And with it being is such great overall shape and a pleasure to drive, just doesn't make sense to scrap it.

I have and use the Elite not sure about model # it's the bigger one though. Expensive Yes! Quality Yes! Do they answer EMAILS and Phone Calls Yes! Does it Work Yes! I know nothing about the other cans most looked pretty cheap to me other than Elite.......

UPR has a very nice plug and play Catch Can Kit with a clean side separator for Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Seirra. Not cheap, but the kit is high quality and their Customer service is great.

May be worth checking out.

http://www.uprproducts.com/chevrolet-gm-billet-oil-catch-can-dual-valve-css-silverado-53-14.html

UPR has a very nice plug and play Catch Can Kit with a clean side separator for Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Seirra. Not cheap, but the kit is high quality and their Customer service is great.

May be worth checking out.

http://www.uprproducts.com/chevrolet-gm-billet-oil-catch-can-dual-valve-css-silverado-53-14.html

I have the UPR plug and play kit with clean side separator on order right now. I will post a thread about it when it shows up and I have time to install. Looks to me like the nicest plug and play kit on the market as far as fittings and hoses go (no offense Elite) and I have run UPR products in the past on my race cars. I like that it uses all factory fittings and I don't have plans for an aftermarket intake at this point.

If you live in the north make sure you get the bigger Elite. I have the smaller original version and it complettely fills up with oily water within a week. It is also overpriced for what it is but you definitely want a correctly designed air/oil separator.

How fast they fill up with water depends on how much you drive...I do 100 miles a day, and still catch mostly oil because everything gets hot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

There are many, many variables involved with the quantity of Liquids caught. I would agree the father or Higher latitude one lives you better get the bigger can

Archived