*Tires* KO2 vs DuraTrac vs Other Brands?

dlang13

Looking to run some KO2's or Duratrac's on my 2015 Silverado with a RC 2" levelling kit. I am leaning towards the KO2's 285/65/R18. Thoughts? Will they rub or could i run something a little larger?

What are you running on yours?

Pro's & Con's?

Maybe you are running something different that i may be interested in?

Any info is good!

Must be an All-Weather Tire as I'm in the Frozen Tundra.

Edited by dlang13

I am liking my Cooper Destination STT Pros. They rock in the mud and clean out well. Tread pattern is aggressive with only a mild tone rolling down the road. No snow report from me yet but from what I read they do well in the white stuff. M/T classification, not A/T. Can't report on wear characteristics just yet either.

Had the Duratracs many times and loved em. Haven't used the KO2s but others swear by em. You could go with either one as they'd both get er done. Maybe look around for some deals, cost might influence your final decision.

I love the Duratracs. They are quiet, rugged looking, and are great in all weather including the snow. These are them on my 2015 Silverado 1500 with a 2" level (20" wheels).

The slightest rubbing when I fully crank the wheel. Not enough to bother me and could probably be easily fixed with a heat gun and a bit of molding or trimming.

Edited by SilveradoSaver

buddy has durtracs on his 2007 ccsb and now that they are a ;ittle more than 60 percent worn they are just crap in heavy rain and just dangerous in the snow. they have also become very noisy. so i bought k02 and now have 10 k on them, they do well in the snow and slushy sh&t we get on ontario roads, not so great on ice but not bad either. noise level hasnt changed any so far, fuel mileage took a big hit, might be colder temps and oversize tires. i have 275/70/17 E rated on my 2014 ccsb 5.3 with 3.08 ratio

Edited by silveradosid

Duratracs look amazing! I have ko2 which have nearly no road noise at 70mph. I have 275/65-20 on my truck without rubbing on a 2" level kit and +15 offset wheels.

My only pseudo complaint would be that they are more expensive than the other brands....but the e rated ones should last me 50-60k miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking to run some KO2's or Duratrac's on my 2015 Silverado with a RC 2" levelling kit. I am leaning towards the KO2's 285/65/R18. Thoughts? Will they rub or could i run something a little larger?

Pro's & Con's?

Any info is good!

I put on a set of Duratracs 265/65/18. Truck has 2" level and +3000 miles on them now, no cons at all.

We just got 10" of snow and I'm glad to say that they perform as I hoped for - really, really well. Plowing snow with these tires is awesome.

You might be able to do better but, but I think you'd really like these.

post-131165-0-71835200-1481634304_thumb.png

I just installed the Falken wildpeak at3w LT275 65r18 tires on my 14 z71. They are very quiet and ride real nice. I have put 3-400 miles. Had the cooper discoverer st max on there before , they were really loud. The Falkens are so quiet, they make almost no noise. They are beefy and have deep tread. I paid just over $900 installed with replacement coverage, and $135 rebate to take em less than $800.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThe

Edited by Knotsure

Cooper Discover ATP. 11K miles. Impressed with snow traction, good freeway, not real noisy.

Like the price a lot.

+1 for cooper. I loved them for my last plow truck. Good wear and quiet, I (almost) couldn't spin them in snow when plowing.

I love the Duratracs. They are quiet, rugged looking, and are great in all weather including the snow. These are them on my 2015 Silverado 1500 with a 2" level (20" wheels).

The slightest rubbing when I fully crank the wheel. Not enough to bother me and could probably be easily fixed with a heat gun and a bit of molding or trimming.

What size tire are you running?

• Like 1

Pro's & Con's?

Any info is good!

I have the 265/65/18 duratracs that come standard with no level. They run great with very minimal slip on wet road.

I plan on going 275/70/18 KO2s in another 25,000 miles. Shouldn't have any problem running a 285/65/18.

Anything wider and you'll need to trim. You can easily go a size taller too.

I just put on Duras end of last week. I cant vouch for snow since we only had about 5inches since i got them and it was plowed before i left for work.

Road noise is minimal, and you wont even hear that with the radio at moderate volume.

I have 275/60R20, they rubbed my mudflaps but i fixed that with a 2" level and trimmed the corner off the flap. Nothing now. Pretty aggressive looking tread and ive heard 99% good things about them from a friend and reading online.

BAlrOay.jpg

Exu6xtq.jpg

Edited by quise2024