Chevy Delivers First Bolts - Guess What Owners Have In Common?

Gorehamj

That only works at the current level Tesla plays at though. The people who buy the Model S and X are generally going to be wealthy people who probably have another vehicle and also want to be at the leading edge of tech/green weenie-ism. The Model 3 is supposed to be a mainstream player and it probably will never be this. Look at history: The Roadster, S and X were all waaaaaaaaaaaaay behind schedule, had (and in some cases still have) teething problems and their build quality is not where is should be given the price they sell for. But the people I mention above put up with all this because they want to be hip or whatever shallow people want to be.

$35k isn't much above what the average new car sells for today and that buyer isn't going to put up with any of the BS that the early buyers of the first three models did. Do you think someone who bought Civics or Camrys in the past is going to put up with a delivery date being pushed out over and over and over? Of course not. A huge amount of those pre orders will evaporate when all these meatheads realize that Tesla will never be able to deliver the 400,000 or whatever absurd number of orders they supposedly have.

Chevy won this round because the Bolt actually exists. The 3 is vaporware still.

And it also helps that GM is using about half of the over 3,000 dealerships at its disposal to sell the Bolt compared to the paltry 260 Tesla Stores in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is just "deplorable" SnakeEyes. The way I see it I'm doing the planet a favor by trying to use up all the Dino juice I can. Then all the tree huggers can keep their creepy, quiet, self driving golf carts.

Archived