Howdie folks, I'm fairly new around here. Been creeping for 2-3 weeks and have seen/gotten many great ideas from the threads I have been through.

I feel like I've noticed a lot of the deep ocean blue owners doing a total debadge (bowtie as well) and have debated on why other truck owners don't seem to do it as often on the other colors. I've already debadged my doors/tailgate in terms of lettering, but I left the bowtie on the tailgate partially for symmetrical reasons as well as the fear of regretting it. I haven't seen it taken off of many (if any that I can recall) victory red trucks.

What would your guys' opinion be regarding the rear bowtie on a victory red Silverado? Take it off, or leave it on??

Personal preference, what do you think looks best?

I personally hate de-badged trucks, they look plain, lose protection when the molding is removed and look unbalanced (lowered sports trucks are a little different in regular cab form). This is especially so with a grill with no emblem, it looks like a tit with no nipple, it just doesn't look right.

In other words do what you think looks best, not what someone on a forum from another part of the country says does...

Tyler

your truck what do you like - BOWTIE - chrome / red or chrome /black or just take it off. take it off to paint it , see how you like it , if not put it back on.

I took the Silverado letters off my doors but left everything on the tailgate. I like the look. Plus washing around those letters is a pain!! Always get fibers from my wash mit stuck in there and you can always see dirt behind the letters.

I removed the "Silverado" and "LT" off the tailgate of my 2015 Silverado 1500. I left the bowties on the front and back, including the "Silverado" on both doors. I really like the cleaner look on the tailgate now but kept the bowtie as I'm proud to fly the Chevy flag :thumbs: I may end up removing the "Silverado" on the doors down the road but I kind of like them.

Archived