Muffler Delete question

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

after all the youtube videos.. i'm leaning twords the FM super 10... i have it in my amazon cart.. but haven't pulled the trigger...

Before you buy, check your local inspection laws. Most states that require vehicle inspections won't pass a Flowmaster 10. "Off road use only".

I don't care if it passes or not. I kept my original muffler, so if it fails, I'll have the exhaust shop weld the old one back on for 2 hours, then back to the 10. Keep in mind it drones and chops. But it sounds dang good. :thumbs:

Before you buy, check your local inspection laws. Most states that require vehicle inspections won't pass a Flowmaster 10. "Off road use only".

I don't care if it passes or not. I kept my original muffler, so if it fails, I'll have the exhaust shop weld the old one back on for 2 hours, then back to the 10. Keep in mind it drones and chops. But it sounds dang good. :thumbs:

yeah man... thanks homie!!.. ..i had a cherry bomb 3 in 3 out on my last ford.. .5.3.. that thing was loud.. .. i'm still curious about the drone. everyone's idea of that is different..and the chop~.. .but f it.. .i dont think the inspection thing will be a problem here..

So I got to thinking about the flapper issues when people have done the muffler delete, and it got me thinking about the GM borla exhaust with the bypass pipe on the flapper. I called them, and they explained it's to allow the flapper to work when in v4 mode. In essence our stock muffler creates enough back pressure to allow the flapper to work properly. If it wasn't there (by GM's design) the flapper would remain open allowing the drone sound. Their design has the flapper in front of their muffler. So I'd bet that if someone put that bypass pipe on the flapper in its stock location after the delete the drone would be completely gone. My thinking with this is people have opened the valve on the GM Borla exhaust, and had the same drone so using our resonators as the muffler might allow it to work in a similar fashion. It might help with the rattle some have had as well as it could reduce the stress the spring is under. Just my hypothesis.

Archived