K2 Diablo Tune

Greetings all:

I have a '15 Crew cab L83 5.3l engine and a '16 Suburban L83. The advertised power just never seemed to corroborate the "seat of the pants" feeling I got when driving these trucks. They both seem So dead off the line, and seemed like you have to push the accelerator pedal too far to get a relevant response from that rated 355 HP Ecotec power plant.

I traded a 2009 CC 6.2l for my 2015 CC 5.3. I regretted the power slump from day one, but the refinement and comfort in the K2 made me overlook how much more fun the 6.2 was to drive.

I read a few posts about doing a tune to disable Torque Management, as well as adjust other parameters with the Diablosport tuner. Well they are on sale for Christmas and I bought the DiabloSport i-2 tuner as well as an extra license to tune my wife's suburban for less than $500 ( saved about $100 off retail). Today I just finished installing several different tunes and many a test drive after downloading the updates from the website...

WOW!!! This was the best money I've ever spent on a modification, not to mention the easiest!

First I just flashed a canned tune from Diablosport in my Silverado. Made a noticeable difference. Better throttle response nice firm shift, etc.

Next I got brave and used the options to modify many parameters on top of the standard Diablosport tunes. This is where this little tool shines. There are many parameters to adjust. The current tune I made (simplified summary) is disabling torque management (a must for everyone), increased throttle boost to +20%, increased some ignition timing and fuel ratio, as well as increasing shift point RPM and line pressure in Tow/Haul mode for the 6 spd.

This truck is now ALIVE and spunky to drive. So worth the few hundred dollars to actually feel the rated HP and TQ off the line instead of having to bury the pedal to get any feedback from the engine.

I will be customizing parameters in the wife's Burban next. She complains constantly it is such a dog taking off from a stoplight.

Long story short, I'll get to my question. Are there any other guys out there who have used the Diablosport tunes, and what parameter settings have you been using? My trucks are bone stock, but I see lots of benefit to be able to enrich fuel delivery and timing if you add a bigger exhaust or CAI.

Honestly the way my Silverado performs now I have no reason to bolt on any hardware at this point. Because I really jacked up the specs in tow/Haul mode, I can switch to tow/haul and it performs more like a sport mode for when I really want to "let er buck".

Just wanted to let everyone know that this tuner really does let the testicles descend on your 5.3 and is worth the money. If anyone has any personal stories and parameters to share I'd gladly accept some more wisdom and experience.

Thanks All:

Shawn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I have been Looking to start a list of anyone running DiabloSport's inTune i2 Performance Programmer - i2030.

I'm very Curious to know what others have done/ tried and what results they have received.

There seems to be NO definitive list anywhere that shows all the Adjustable Parameters...

So I would like to start one!

The settings I have used on my 2016 Silverado 5.3L 6 speed Auto w/ 3.42 gears are,

87 octane Performance tune.

Firm Shift Transmission tune - ON

DOD (AFM )- OFF

TORQUE Management - OFF

Throttle boost - (range is 0-25% ) I have it set at 3%, *Curious to know if anyone else has messed with this setting?

Adjusted + 50rpm in gear and + 50rpm in neutral and park.

Mods- Currently Running K&N Black Hawk Series CAI, w/ a full Banks Performance Stainless Steel cat back, sounds insane!

Edited by jamoka3
  • Like 3

I would be interested , love to wake up this truck.. Do you have a link to where you bought it

I bought straight from the Diablosport.com website. That is where they advertised the sale price as well. I think it was 20% off, but I got the i2 tuner + an extra license for a total of about $450. About the regular price of the i2 tuner alone.

• Like 2

I've read that taking the torque management off is a bad idea......would love to know if there is truth behind that

Why is taking off the torque management a bad idea?? will this cause a trans issue.. lord knows the reason most don't tune the cars is because of warranty concerns ..

That is correct, I've heard taking off TM puts the tranny at risk.

I am currently running 15% throttle boost and the Diablotune and DOD off. Made a nice improvement!

Ive had some great luck with GM transmissions and also some bad. I grenade a 700R4 twice in high school in my Iroc-Z....first time it was the original tranny with 80k, then I had it rebuilt with a shift kit and it was on its last legs by 110k. :) My driving style may have been to blame, but the motor I had was only pushing like 250HP/325TQ

Does the inTune i2 have different levels of torque management or is it simply on/off?

It is simply on or off. One note though it only disables the TM on upshifts.

I don't see it being a problem with damaging the trans unless you are constantly mashing the throttle. Drive sensibly and taking the TM off makes the truck take off and shift like it was always supposed to. Actually feels like the 383 ft-lbs are showing up for work!

• Like 1

Man, I've been wanting one or these bad, and money is not the issue, but I'd love to buy one of these right now since it's on sale. I'VE been checking their website regularly, but still not available for the 2017 model Silverado. I don't get it, my truck was obviously built in 2016 and there can't be any difference between the two years. It would have made a good Christmas gift, but I'll just have to be paitent. Just can't wait to finally turn off that stupid v4 mode.

I heard if you select the 87 tune for example, it automatically increases some throttle boost. Is that true? And if so does it show you how much it has increased it over stock, when changed to the 87 tune? The reason I ask is because if it does increase it by just selecting the can 87 tune and then you want to add more throttle boost will it show you were it's currently at with that tune; I just don't want to add to much. Sorry hope my question makes sense.

I've never had a tuner so would love to here what settings you guys are running that are working well for you.

Also anyone that actually has the Diablo tuner, can you please list a full list of all the options that are actually adjustable. I've read the description on their website but want to know if that's actually accurate as to what is all actually adjustable.

In particular on their website it lists for some other model vehicles that you can adjust "part open throttle shift points" but it doesn't say that for the Silverado. Is that not available for Silverado? Man, I think that is what we need most; it would keep it from allways trying to get to the highest gear in a hurry, then bogging down. We need that!

I am planning on putting a spreadsheet together of all parameters so I can easily track what I change and how it performs real world. Not sure when I'll have the time to get this done, but it's my plan, and I'll post the parameter options for the 2015 and 2016 GM trucks once I finish.

BTW, part throttle shift pressure and rpm is an adjustable parameter on my i2. As well as ignition timing and fuel trim.

• Like 4

Greetings all:

I have a '15 Crew cab L83 5.3l engine and a '16 Suburban L83. The advertised power just never seemed to corroborate the "seat of the pants" feeling I got when driving these trucks. They both seem So dead off the line, and seemed like you have to push the accelerator pedal too far to get a relevant response from that rated 355 HP Ecotec power plant.

I traded a 2009 CC 6.2l for my 2015 CC 5.3. I regretted the power slump from day one, but the refinement and comfort in the K2 made me overlook how much more fun the 6.2 was to drive.

I read a few posts about doing a tune to disable Torque Management, as well as adjust other parameters with the Diablosport tuner. Well they are on sale for Christmas and I bought the DiabloSport i-2 tuner as well as an extra license to tune my wife's suburban for less than $500 ( saved about $100 off retail). Today I just finished installing several different tunes and many a test drive after downloading the updates from the website...

WOW!!! This was the best money I've ever spent on a modification, not to mention the easiest!

First I just flashed a canned tune from Diablosport in my Silverado. Made a noticeable difference. Better throttle response nice firm shift, etc.

Next I got brave and used the options to modify many parameters on top of the standard Diablosport tunes. This is where this little tool shines. There are many parameters to adjust. The current tune I made (simplified summary) is disabling torque management (a must for everyone), increased throttle boost to +20%, increased some ignition timing and fuel ratio, as well as increasing shift point RPM and line pressure in Tow/Haul mode for the 6 spd.

This truck is now ALIVE and spunky to drive. So worth the few hundred dollars to actually feel the rated HP and TQ off the line instead of having to bury the pedal to get any feedback from the engine.

I will be customizing parameters in the wife's Burban next. She complains constantly it is such a dog taking off from a stoplight.

Long story short, I'll get to my question. Are there any other guys out there who have used the Diablosport tunes, and what parameter settings have you been using? My trucks are bone stock, but I see lots of benefit to be able to enrich fuel delivery and timing if you add a bigger exhaust or CAI.

Honestly the way my Silverado performs now I have no reason to bolt on any hardware at this point. Because I really jacked up the specs in tow/Haul mode, I can switch to tow/haul and it performs more like a sport mode for when I really want to "let er buck".

Just wanted to let everyone know that this tuner really does let the testicles descend on your 5.3 and is worth the money. If anyone has any personal stories and parameters to share I'd gladly accept some more wisdom and experience.

Thanks All:

Shawn

I just recently bought the intune and got a custom tune from diablew. The custom tune is awesome. lew does a really good job of writing a custom tune. He also offers retunes for free for a year and after that only 70 bucks. Definitely the most noticeable performance upgrade out there. Besides the obvious expensive warranty busting upgrades

I'm loving mine so far. Haven't played too much yet. Only installed the 91 tune and recalibrated for tire size.

I do wish there was a complete exploded view of the menu with short descriptions of each parameter online. (Update: I did find the online parameters list and that is helpful)

I thought I read you could adjust the mph of when the AFM turns on with the Diablo but so far I only found an on/off option. I'd like to adjust it to 50 mph or higher.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Edited by Sierra Jon