K2 Diablo Tune

I have the tm turned off, and line pressure as high as it goes. With the 275/60 20 tires and 2.5 lift, my best 25 mpg is 28.1, best 50mpg is 27.3, best 400 is 20.1. It drives great, ran a 14.9 at the track. I usually get about 18ish mpg per tank. I just bumped throttle boost to 5% and it added a bit more throttle response, but seemingly cost a bit of mpg. Hard to say in the winter though.

I also have an air raid intake tube.

Edited by SILVER SLED
  • Like 1

I have the tm turned off, and line pressure as high as it goes. With the 275/60 20 tires and 2.5 lift, my best 25 mpg is 28.1, best 50mpg is 27.3, best 400 is 20.1. It drives great, ran a 14.9 at the track. I usually get about 18ish mpg per tank. I just bumped throttle boost to 5% and it added a bit more throttle response, but seemingly cost a bit of mpg. Hard to say in the winter though.

I also have an air raid intake tube.

That's impressive. Maybe I need to turn the throttle boost down a little. I thought it was all relative but I guess not... What kind of 275/60R20 tires?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

That's impressive. Maybe I need to turn the throttle boost down a little. I thought it was all relative but I guess not... What kind of 275/60R20 tires?

Hankook dynapro atm. They are not heavy lt tires.

• Like 1

So quick Question since I have the 6.2 and they recommend 91 octane or greater do I do the 91 tune or the 93? Thinking since I have 6.2 on 91 it would already have a 91 tune. You guys following what I'm saying? Any recommendations

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So quick Question since I have the 6.2 and they recommend 91 octane or greater do I do the 91 tune or the 93? Thinking since I have 6.2 on 91 it would already have a 91 tune. You guys following what I'm saying? Any recommendations

Depends on what fuel is available in your area. If you can get 93 Oct all the time then run the 93 tune. If only 91 Oct is available use the 91 tune. Check the pump know what your putting in it. If only 93 is available at some locations in your are but 91 is more readily available just downgrade to the 91 tune. Basically you can run higher Oct fuel on the lower Oct tune; just don't run the higher Oct tune on the lower Oct fuel....If that makes sense.

That's my opinion anyways. Because the timing for the higher Oct tune may be too advanced to run the lower Oct fuel.

• Like 3

That's what I figured and what I went with (91 tune). Couple things I notice was, changed the tire size to 35/12 because it won't let me put in the .5/20s and now it's like 3 mph under what speed I'm going. For example we have two local radars on the streets around town and I set the cruise at 50 and both say 47. But my gas mileage went from 13-14 avg around town and 16 best to 17 town 20-21 highway. Which I'm happy with but how accurate is it with the speed O off by 3 mph? Was wondering if I should try putting in like a 285/65/20

Edited by Steeks

That's what I figured and what I went with (91 tune). Couple things I notice was, changed the tire size to 35/12 because it won't let me put in the .5/20s and now it's like 3 mph under what speed I'm going. For example we have two local radars on the streets around town and I set the cruise at 50 and both say 47. But my gas mileage went from 13-14 avg around town and 16 best to 17 town 20-21 highway. Which I'm happy with but how accurate is it with the speed O off by 3 mph? Was wondering if I should try putting in like a 285/65/20

Personally, I really wouldn't worry about 3 mph, that's very close and much better/accurate than some others have reported. Also I really believe those Street radars are a little on the low side(at least 1-2mph low) to give an officer better reasoning in court if need be; so with that said you may be actually within 1mph to dead nuts on. In my opinion no speedometer is dead nuts on anyways; there all a hair high to give you better reasoning. That's my opinion anyways.

• Like 1

After being fully warmed up, I always thought the motor idled a tad too low. When in gear at a stop (especially with the AC on) I would sometimes get a light 'shimmy' coming from the motor. RPM's would usually be just a little under 500. With the 50 RPM increase the motor is now idling smoother when in the same situation.

Same here. The idle could be a tad higher at a stop. Good to know I will be able to adjust it when I tune it.

• Like 2

Personally, I really wouldn't worry about 3 mph, that's very close and much better/accurate than some others have reported. Also I really believe those Street radars are a little on the low side(at least 1-2mph low) to give an officer better reasoning in court if need be; so with that said you may be actually within 1mph to dead nuts on. In my opinion no speedometer is dead nuts on anyways; there all a hair high to give you better reasoning. That's my opinion anyways.

3 mph though (depending on what speed you're taking about) is going to be roughly 3-3.5% off... It's not just speedo, but odometer too. And MPG calculations etc... I'm wayyyy too OCD for that. It's actually how I justified the Diablo with the wife.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I just got my tune in and have been toying around with the settings and tunes for the last couple of days.
For those of you that have been running them for a while, what have you found to be the sweet spot on your adjustments?
I'm currently running the 91 octane tune (not the diablo 91+ tune) with speed limiter off, tire size changed and firm shift tune on.

I wasn't able to find the parameters to turn AFM off or do throttle boost for some reason. Didn't give me the option to modify the tune or change parameters from the menu or that pop up like what shows for tire size and speed limiter.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

I just got my tune in and have been toying around with the settings and tunes for the last couple of days.

For those of you that have been running them for a while, what have you found to be the sweet spot on your adjustments?

I'm currently running the 91 octane tune (not the diablo 91+ tune) with speed limiter off, tire size changed and firm shift tune on.

I wasn't able to find the parameters to turn AFM off or do throttle boost for some reason. Didn't give me the option to modify the tune or change parameters from the menu or that pop up like what shows for tire size and speed limiter.

Did you use the advanced or easy tune? Advanced tune should allow you to access AFM and throttle boost. When you go through advanced you select your canned engine (91 or 87) and transmission tunes (firm,hard) then you should be able to select modify tune. This is where you can access more advanced settings for the engine and transmission.

• Like 1