what tonneau cover?

If you want a cap soon you should buy the cheapest one you can find unless you think you can resell it. The cheapest would be a black fitted sheet for a king size bed....? I hear you on the Z series. I bought mine a year ago and it was around $2300 but it is priceless for keeping my dogs safe and happy and keeping them out of the cab.

post-157863-0-64102300-1482677786_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I live in Vermont and have the extang emax http://www.extang.com/emax-folding-tonneau-covers.html. It's a trifold that gives you access to your complete bed. Works for me.

On a folding cover, can you fold over only one section and still drive down the highway?

I'd say the only negative I have for a roll up is that the whole thing needs to be rolled up when driving when hauling a large item. There are plenty of times, in wet/snowy weather it would be nice to not expose the whole bed and my tools to the elements.

On a folding cover, can you fold over only one section and still drive down the highway?

I'd say the only negative I have for a roll up is that the whole thing needs to be rolled up when driving when hauling a large item. There are plenty of times, in wet/snowy weather it would be nice to not expose the whole bed and my tools to the elements.

I don't know if its because its a 8 foot cover, but I can roll mine back at any length and it sits still going down the road. but mine is not rolled in a perfect circle its kinda oblonged sitting there rolled up on the bed. I only did this by accident one day cause it was kinda hard the first time I did it on this truck to roll cover in a perfect circle because of the dually fenders . Give it a try. Ive not had any problems arise from it.

• Like 1

No, you have to fold at least two sections.

• Like 1

You can with the BakFlip F1, but you still need to secure it with a bungee cord to prevent the wind from flipping it closed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Revolver X2 and BakBox2 installed last night. Very happy on getting that returned cover deal off amazon. The cover had never been unwrapped and a light bend in a rail tab was fixed with a parallel clamp in about .05 seconds.

IMG_20161228_211608_zpstf2q3r3e.jpg

IMG_20161228_224821_zpsrvuiqfas.jpg

IMG_20161228_223122_zpslstahtgy.jpg

Very nice I have the Rev Up one from the dealer which is basically the same thing. I thought about getting a BAKBox for it but my understanding is you always have to have the cover down if you plan on actually using the BAKbox given there is no way to unroll it 1/2 way.

I also have experienced some leaking but I am thinking it is actually due to some holes at the joint of the front bulkhead and bed rails. Going to see if the dealer will fill the holes with the bed liner spray.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have used Access covers (original style) for almost 20 years. Had very good luck with them and always have found them a very good value. Easily adjustable to keep excellent tension on them so they are always nice and tight, winter or summer. I have them rolled up more often than not, but that is primarily because of hauling and running a lot of gravel roads. As much as those kits that claim to seal up the bed from dirt claim, they really have not shown to be very effective. And a tonneau spread out in place, a lot of vacuum is created that draws a lot of dirt up under them if running in dusty conditions.

Revolver X2 and BakBox2 installed last night. Very happy on getting that returned cover deal off amazon. The cover had never been unwrapped and a light bend in a rail tab was fixed with a parallel clamp in about .05 seconds.

IMG_20161228_211608_zpstf2q3r3e.jpg

IMG_20161228_224821_zpsrvuiqfas.jpg

IMG_20161228_223122_zpslstahtgy.jpg

very nice and very familiar set up. I had that set up on my 1500 and later on my 2500, I only have the cover on my 3500 because I got a fuel cell in the bed, To help with any drips at front for anyone that is concerned about drips or a leak. the foam piece on top of bed rail behind window I made thicker and also went longer or more to the outside by about 2 inches. it has eliminated any leak what so ever and I'm on the 3rd cover on my trucks. Youll like that set up you have, I really liked how the bak box would collapse when not in use.

• Like 1

I used OEM soft roll-up covers with every truck I've owned, and did the same for my new '17 Silverado 3500, too. They are never fancy, but they never disappoint. At $347, it was also very affordable.

Snow is not an issue for my Access [emoji38] 20160117_155513_zpsjyqgzioi.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I had an access original on a 2014 truck that held up really well. I'm also saving up for a nice topper and just picked up another access cover for my 2016 to hold me over. I live in Minnesota so no stranger to snow and cold. Cover does really well and comes outbid the winter looking new. There is even a tension adjustment for when the season changes and the cover needs to be tightened.

Being that it's somewhat temporary (until I can save for a topper) , I wouldn't want to spend much more than 4-500. This is a very nice cover in this price range. Some of the others mentioned (trip fold, BAK, etc) would be nice, but then I'm getting into the $1k range which doesn't make sense for a temporary cover.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk