what tonneau cover?

I have the BAKflip G3 on my 2015 Silverado LTZ and love the way it looks and functionality...added security with the bed locked because its made out of aluminum. Found mine on E-bay, out of box buy, fit mine to a tee. Does leak some but it is very small amount. I have a rack to lay my luggage on when we're on trips and it works great.

x2 on securing the hard cover backflip. Ask me how I know. Was driving just a short distance with 2 sections open and a bike in the back. Soon as I hit 40mph the thing flipped onto the bike. Only damage was a dent on the underside of the cover. They should include more d rings on each section so you can bungee a section at a time. I usually had to use straps running criss cross to secure if I was going highway speeds.

I have a Bak Roll-X. I'm mostly happy with it. My only complaint is that the middle portion where it meets the tailgate doesn't sit perfectly flush. Also, it can bow up just a little bit due to wind. Add rain, and you'll get some water leaking in. It's not bad, but it's enough where if I don't want something getting wet, I'll pack it a little differently in the bed of the truck. I may try adding a rubber seal to the edge of the lid.

• 4 weeks later...

I have an X Tang tool up as well. Have had them last over ten years without being garaged. First one was snap on which had to be left snapped in the winter as it would shrink up and had to be heated stretch out.

Present one is not Velcro just lays on the rail. Is water tight now three years and since it is spring loaded am still able to take off (roll Up) even in the winter without causing a problem.

Appreciate the fact the truck bed is accessible when needed without compromise

• 2 weeks later...

I had a extang Trifeca on my 04. Worked really good, kept the bed dry for the most part. I ordered a Access tool box edition today. Judging from online reviews (and a buddy has had one for 5 years) I decided to go with Access. I want to be able to use the bed and not have to take the cover off. With the Trifeca you could only access 2/3 of the bed without removing the cover (which is really easy). I need access to my toolbox and the roll up seems to be the best option.

Tonno Pro Hard Fold....I like the hard fold because of the locking tailgate and snow, I can keep "somewhat" valuables in the bed. My father has the roll up in Fla for a few years, mine has been on about 6 months, completely water tight, even came with a tailgate seal! And they were recently bought out by LUND, so that tells you something also.

post-164772-0-89743200-1488629747_thumb.jpg

post-164772-0-98183200-1488630302_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bmz72

Have always used xtang covers. Last two have been xtang revolutions. They have great warranties 10 year cover lifetime frame. Have had them go 10 years outside in New England weather. Only down side was shrinkage with age made it hard to use in winter. The revolution without snaps and spring loaded tensioner have so far been great in all weather

Bit pricey but worth it

I installed a Fold-a-Cover G4Elite last weekend. It is the rigid quad folding type. Installation was simple with well thought out directions. Went together no problem. The latches seems to be reasonably good quality. I like that I can fold up two of the four sections and secure them if I am hailing something tall. It seems reasonably secure with locking latches front and rear. Pretty sure a determined thief could break in but it seems like a reasonable deterrent. All in all I am very happy with the fit and quality. I also got the personal caddy which gives you storage in the front of the bed.

I had a roll up in my last truck and just wasn't happy with a soft cover and I didn't want a full length hinge model. We'll see how this one does after six months of hauling stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Access Vanish roll up cover on my 2500. It was easy to install and rolls up quickly if needed. And yep there expensive but it looks sharp.

Installed my access vanish last wk. Not really impressed for several reasons. I've only rolled it up twice so far. The black stitching is already turning white so it looks aged. Installation of the clamps kind of stunk, rolled it up today and one had already fallen off. When mounted flush to the bed rails I can barely get my fingers under the sides to pull it snug sideways. When rolled up the latching system seems cheesy.

My last Access just seemed to be better quality than this one.

I had a BakFlip FiberMax on my 2015 Ltz 1500 before I traded it. I would like to get another for my 2500.

They don't ding or dent. Fold up nicely & allow nearly full use of your bed!

image_21.jpeg

Edited by Lakeside518

• 1 year later...

I put a Lund genesis cover on mine... I like it so far, its not a vinyl/leather top but a canvas type.  Its something different than everyone else.  

A3A5FCA7-7704-41A4-97C8-0FF43A5549B4_zps

633AF83C-DE27-4611-B777-BD9D7B8F2174_zps