How About a Quick Video of Ken Block In a Raptor In Snow?

Gorehamj

post-139450-0-41808800-1482502510_thumb.png

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
12-23-2016

Ford's Raptor preview videos have been pretty tame. This one takes a step in the right direction.

Gm would void the warranty on my truck if I did anything close to what he does with the Ford. It's not that I hate GM, it's that they hate their customers, but love their customers money.

Oh. it looks like you used non-GM approved touch-up paint on your hood,,, unfortunately, your decision to do so has voided the remaining powertrain warranty.

It's nice to see that Ford and Toyota don't punish their customers for using the vehicles as designed.

Gm would void the warranty on my truck if I did anything close to what he does with the Ford. It's not that I hate GM, it's that they hate their customers, but love their customers money.

Oh. it looks like you used non-GM approved touch-up paint on your hood,,, unfortunately, your decision to do so has voided the remaining powertrain warranty.

It's nice to see that Ford and Toyota don't punish their customers for using the vehicles as designed.

Guess it depends what vehicle your talking about, but I'm supremely confident that GM is more than willing & actively encourages their customers to use the corvette & camaro "as designed" - unless we're talking the new Colorado ZR2 none of GM's trucks are designed to catch air jumping over snow covered back country.

Yeah ok, go ahead and jump the raptor and damage something and see if FORD covers it under warranty. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

BASE WARRANTY The F-150 Raptor carries the same New Vehicle Limited Warranty as other Ford F-150 models. This information is covered in its entirety in your warranty information. Warranty service for the F-150 Raptor or any SVT vehicle can be obtained at any Ford dealer nationwide. SVT does not recommend modifying or racing SVT vehicles, as they are designed and built to be driven as delivered from the factory. The warranty information discusses vehicle usage and the installation of aftermarket parts and their effect on warranty coverage. Ford SVT has engineered your F-150 Raptor for off-road use beyond what is normal for a F-150. However, it can incur damage if driven beyond its capabilities. Skid plates, shock guards and running boards were designed to help limit damage to vital components and exterior finishes, but cannot prevent all damage if driven in extreme off-road conditions. Damage to skid plates, shock guards, running boards and exterior finishes as well as bent, cracked or broken body, frame and chassis components may not be covered by warranty. Vehicle damage caused by driving through deep water at excessive speeds may not be covered under warranty. See Off-Road Driving (page 15). Please see the warranty information for complete information. Perform Multi-Point Inspection and the inspections outlined in Scheduled Maintenance information. Refer to the vehicle’s Workshop Manual for removal and installation procedures. Replace with genuine Ford and Motorcraft service parts as needed.
These modifications may not necessarily protect your engine from damage in competition conditions. Subjecting your vehicle to competition conditions even with these proposed modifications may render repairs non-reimbursable under the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Sure...... Show him tearing up the truck. Most of us (myself included), could only afford 1 vehicle like that. So if any damage arises from your spirited driving, then you're just shit-out-of-luck when it comes to repairs. Most, if not all costs would be out of pocket. And they're not cheap to fix. Ask me how I know. If you blow a front or rear shock, thats over $700 just for the part, then you've gotta install it. Most people I know don't have a torque wrench that is able to to torque the front lower shock bolt to 407 ft lbs.

Dont get me wrong, I liked the Raptor (I had a 13). It floated over most objects in the road, but you felt every expansion joint, crack or repaired pot hole the road had to offer. The interior amenities were very nice. The ability to put it in any combination of on/off road for some spirited driving was its best mechanical attribute. Its a good looking truck overall and its wide. Front track is seven inches wider that a stock F150. Rear was also wider (cant remember by how much).

So Ford. Go ahead and show Ken Block abusing a Raptor. Broken or not, at the end of the day (or shoot), he just hands the keys back to you (Ford), says thanks and goes home.

they don't show it smashing the aluminum parts and ten thousand engine pieces bashing into the fluffy snow for a landing.

watched this today:

I like the raptor, but it is kids stuff, like a coupe.

those old 1985s with real tires are simply 80 inches wide like a raptor, and barely weighing in at 4500. How did they always seem big.

must be a thing called steel.

There is a full in depth show on the raptor by mr. truck presented by ford. they even mention some road going rules they had to comply with.

beyond 80 inches wide needed clearance lights, and the tires needed those fender flares, etc.

I'd love one to drive around, but... can't use it like a truck.

The Raptor does have clearance lights.

2 yellow leds just above the front bumper on the fenders, one on each side. 3 yellow in the grille just below the hood line. 3 single red leds in the third brake light, and 2 red leds on the rear between the tail lights and the bumper one on each side.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If GM produced anything remotely close to the Raptor, it would have to have a 6-figure PLUS starting price. That's just how they do things today. :sick:

Archived