Anyone with the 2017 Colorado 3.6?

fjtort2

I have a buddy interested in buying the 2017 3.6 with 8 speed. Will this be a more reliable set up than the 15/16 models? I've read some issues with the transmission and engine from those years. Thanks!

I just bought a 2017 Canyon Denali with the V6/8 speed auto. The claim is 1 mpg better. Engine pulls good and shifts out smooth thru all the gears. Will see what happens after a couple of thousand miles.

Pics please!

• 2 months later...

What kind of deals are everyone getting? I have always been interested in one, but can never find a decent deal

Likewise. Doesn't seem like there's much off msrp in my area. $1500-2000 is the most I've seen off msrp unless it has a bonus tag. That was $4000 off msrp.

• 2 weeks later...

Interested in what kind of real world mileage you guys are seeing with the 3.6/8 speed.?

Still too early to tell. However, my dash currently says 19.2mpg on my current tank of gas. But I have a little under 800 miles on the truck. This is mixed everyday driving for me.

I've had it on the highway and accomplished 27.9mpg over a 25mile span, which I thought was impressive as well.

I think this truck will do 20-21 mpg in everyday driving once fully broken in. For a motor with over 300 hp, that is awesome in my opinion.

My 2017 Denali is to be built this coming week, it will have a challenge to beat my 15 SLT Canyon which gives right at 25 mpg when we do not have a ton of snow. My main reason for the change is thr engine transmission combination and don't forget the heated steering wheel ( except the snow is melting and i will need to wait until next winter for the heat).

As soon as the Denali arrives I am off to Texas for a month or two of hog hunting a good time to check mileage on the 2200 mile drive.

Still too early to tell. However, my dash currently says 19.2mpg on my current tank of gas. But I have a little under 800 miles on the truck. This is mixed everyday driving for me.

I've had it on the highway and accomplished 27.9mpg over a 25mile span, which I thought was impressive as well.

I think this truck will do 20-21 mpg in everyday driving once fully broken in. For a motor with over 300 hp, that is awesome in my opinion.

I have 5500 miles, so far it is getting 22-23mpg. Commute 25 miles one way to work. Running 75-80mph. Truck seems "happy" around that speed. Would probably get better mileage around 65. Really like interior seating in the Denali. Just filled out survey from JDPowers. No back-up sensors or signal chevrons in mirrors. Figured they needed to cut cost somewhere.

My 2015 is also happy running 75 or even eighty on my trips to Texas, I run considerably slower even though an eighty MPH speed limit but my co driver runs right up to the eighty mark. As I recall mileage was slightly lower by maybe one mpg.

This year will see the 2017 being broken in on the drive and I will see what shutting down a couple of cylinders combined with the eight speed will do.

Archived