2017 Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2 build thread

jimmyboy8301

My problem might just be that I'm a farmer though, Toyos and caliche roads are quite the combo lol i'm just gunna go out on a limb and say you probably don't go down many roads that would even throw rocks anyways? Not judging or anything but it's just extremely crazy that with that much poking out the side isn't getting shredded. But I will for sure be looking into the 3M film once I get the paint buffed and all that good stuff

lol nope, you're right my truck is definitely a pavement princess lol. If I pull in a dirt parking lot my friends nuts lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

40bbc4e43451fa91ca4e511536ed6384.jpg

Got the 22x10 AF Grips in and tomorrow they're getting mounted on 33x12.5x22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers!!

looks good - We need photo's . Please

looks good - We need photo's . Please

unfortunately they won't be mounted on the truck until march/April when the threat of snow is gone, but I'll post pics of them mounted on the tires for now!

Can you measure how OnStar antenna height? I am looking to install the 4.5" Zone lift and want to make sure my truck still clear the garage door.

No problem, I'll get you a measurement today/tomorrow

Yikes. $130 plus shipping?

I'd try some cquartz ceramic coating first. $60 and already proven for years.

http://www.autogeek.net/cquartz-uk-edition.html

Either way, keep us posted how it holds up.

i paid $110 shipped. Always had good luck with Adams. Also cquartz is a 2h rating I believe and Adams is a 9h. We'll see how it does.

Cquartz is 7h.

I have a ton of adams stuff too. It's nice being local to summit racing. I can get most of their stuff without paying shipping costs.

i always hunt the internet for coupons before I order so I usually don't have to pay shipping and get some % off. I just hope I don't lose any shine and it actually holds up

Applied the ceramic coating today which was a pretty tedious job. IMO billet and perfect don't go together, you're always going to have very fine scratches all over. The minute you touch a towel to the metal scratches ensue. The coating prep was easy and quick but as I said I believe the rubbing of the towel to remove it caused scratching however that's the billets fault and not Adams.the coating took a little bit longer and I broke the front of the wheel into (4) sections to do. Each front took about 30 minutes and the back about half that. The finish is left ever so slightly sticky. Tomorrow I'll apply the ceramic boost. I don't think the shine is any different on the front, but on the back I believe it's noticeable.

a6917ee7eadc03ac9d3467f008059059.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived