Just wanted to show off my truck

Robopie

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are your emblems flat or do they have ridges? I'm pretty sure my 14's emblem has ridges which I would think might cause issues with the overlay. Those look awesome and the price is hard to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point to bring up... even my 15 is this way, I am guessing at a minimum thats how all 14+ are. From the picture, it sure looks to be sitting on there nice and flat.

Good point to bring up... even my 15 is this way, I am guessing at a minimum thats how all 14+ are. From the picture, it sure looks to be sitting on there nice and flat.

I emailed them this morning asking about it. If the vinyl is think and pliable enough I could see it working out well. You and I live in the salt belt, a little salt behind the sticker would be no bueno.

Edit: Heard back from Devries. They said they have not heard any issues with applying the overlays to the ridged GMC emblem. They did say that with the non-domed overlays, you will likely see the ridges through he overlay print once you use a heat gun to apply the sticker. If you get the DOMED overlays, there is an added clear polyurethane layer to the overlay that thickens it up so you wont be able to see the ridged through the sticker. Domed overlay also give the pattern a #d feel

They sent the link below for examples of other colors and domed versus non-domed

http://s981.photobucket.com/user/DeVriesSigns-Est1971/library/C__%20%20Chevy%20and%20GMC%20emblem%20overlays?sort=3&page=1

Well... I'm sold.

You can always buy your own roll of vinyl of whatever style you want. Super easy to apply. I did it on my 15 with ridges on the emblem a little over 2 years ago and it's still holding strong. Got plenty extra in case it messes up and to do the bumpers one day if I ever get the gumption to attempt removing the bumpers. Just thought I'd throw it out there for any DIYers.

d35a61bdfeb8c9b4eb5e359ae5a24406.jpg

Are your emblems flat or do they have ridges? I'm pretty sure my 14's emblem has ridges which I would think might cause issues with the overlay. Those look awesome and the price is hard to beat.

They have ridges. Overlay applied fine.

Looks sweet! What combo did you get your light bar in? Also could you please post pics of the toggle switch location?

If you have the homelink option, get a wireless harness and program it to a button!

Looks really nice! I've been contemplating a leveling kit too but curious to know if that messes with the lane assist system, collision avoidence or anything thing else. I know the ball joints don't like it too well. Your truck looks awesome...

Awesome truck. I've been debating those tires in that size on my '14 Denali for when my 285/60/20 Duratracs finally wear out. I've got 2 1/4" up front. Your pictures and post about lack of issues have made the decision for me

Archived