Just wanted to show off my truck

Robopie

If you have the homelink option, get a wireless harness and program it to a button!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like that option. Could you post a link to a wireless harness that will work?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like that option. Could you post a link to a wireless harness that will work?

Some guys in the led light bars and pods thread were using this one. I can't tell you if it works with every application, but I know the remote that comes with the harness can be programmed just like a garage door opener would to a homelink button to turn the lights on. There are several brands and different harnesses on Amazon that come with a remote like this.

https://www.amazon.com/Totron-Controller-Wireless-Multiple-Patterns/dp/B00UR2DIRI

Looks really nice! I've been contemplating a leveling kit too but curious to know if that messes with the lane assist system, collision avoidence or anything thing else. I know the ball joints don't like it too well. Your truck looks awesome...

My leveling kit has not interfered with any of those items you mentioned. I have had my leveling kit for about 38k miles

Hey your truck looks great! quick question I have a 2016 also and installed a light bar in the same location as you a 32 inch just wondering if you have noticed any difference in coolant temps. I have noticed that if I floor it the temperature starts to rise past 210 or if i accelerate hard going uphill the needle starts to climb

Hey your truck looks great! quick question I have a 2016 also and installed a light bar in the same location as you a 32 inch just wondering if you have noticed any difference in coolant temps. I have noticed that if I floor it the temperature starts to rise past 210 or if i accelerate hard going uphill the needle starts to climb

No, I have not. It's wintertime now, so its not noticeable now. I'll be paying attention in the summer.

Looks sweet! What combo did you get your light bar in? Also could you please post pics of the toggle switch location?

Link in my first post has the combo. 32"

Haven't installed toggle switch yet. It's still in the cab hanging by a wire.

Love your truck! I just cant believe that 285 65 20 fit on stock wheels with 2" lift and don't rub! I have a 2016 1500 denali with a 2.5 level kit in front and 1.5 rear blocks and the black cast steel uca's, so basically the same set up as you are running. I put on Cooper atw's 265 60 20 on my stock wheels for winter and they rub the upper control arm pretty good in reverse, i also had to zip tied the liner back also. Your tire is over 2" taller and 1" wider then mine! I have a aftermarket set of wheels 20 X 9 0 offset ready to go for spring and wondering what size tire to go with, had my mind made up on 295 55 20 which everyone on hear says is about the biggest without rubbing, and it is .4" narrower and 2" shorter than the 285's. I had the 285 65 20 on my ram with a 2" kit in it and loved the BFG's but they don't make any sizes i thought i could run, 285 is a big tire. But you say it will work?

I put on Cooper atw's 265 60 20 on my stock wheels for winter and they rub the upper control arm pretty good in reverse, i also had to zip tied the liner back also.

That's strange unless it's something with the denali and the year. I've been running BFG's in 275/60/20 on stock 20s for over a year now (2015 slt 4wd), still have room to spare; I'd say a 275/65 would make it too or a 33x12.50. I've got the bilsteins on the highest setting (1.85" if I remember), which is less than what you're getting with your level.

Love your truck! I just cant believe that 285 65 20 fit on stock wheels with 2" lift and don't rub! I have a 2016 1500 denali with a 2.5 level kit in front and 1.5 rear blocks and the black cast steel uca's, so basically the same set up as you are running. I put on Cooper atw's 265 60 20 on my stock wheels for winter and they rub the upper control arm pretty good in reverse, i also had to zip tied the liner back also. Your tire is over 2" taller and 1" wider then mine! I have a aftermarket set of wheels 20 X 9 0 offset ready to go for spring and wondering what size tire to go with, had my mind made up on 295 55 20 which everyone on hear says is about the biggest without rubbing, and it is .4" narrower and 2" shorter than the 285's. I had the 285 65 20 on my ram with a 2" kit in it and loved the BFG's but they don't make any sizes i thought i could run, 285 is a big tire. But you say it will work?

Maybe it's because my BFG tires are E-rated and are so stiff at 45-50psi that they dont really bulge out, so they dont rub the UCA?

I admit that I did have rubbing issues at first, but only at full lock steering and this fixed the problem:

ITF51A9.jpg

Here's how much clearance this gave me at full lock:

7pcMxlz.jpg

• 2 months later...

Archived