Pandora MyLink App Compatiability

Havvkeye

I have had the Pandora App on the MyLink work for me twice now but I cannot ever seem to figure out how or why (or replicate it).

I am using an iPhone and I was under the impression that the app did not work with iPhone but I have gotten it to work twice now. I was just going to post and see if anyone else on here has figured out how. The only thing I remember from the two times that was the same is that I had closed and reopened the Pandora App on my phone. I cannot remember if I was plugged in or BT both times, I believe I was plugged in this last time.

lAfkl7fh.jpg

on my truck pandora worked when i first bought the truck but after a few months it stopped working.then i figured out when my WI-FI trial period was over,my pandora stop working also.so i then i made sure my iPhone was disconnected from my trucks WI-FI at all times.like others stated i hooked up my phone with the USB and all is well.

That is weird, my Bluetooth is on 100% of the time for my watch so this was while it was on. I have not had these buttons pop up on this screen before these two times and I don't really change settings other than if Wifi is on or not.

• 1 month later...

Of all of the Pandora threads out there, this seems to be the closest one to what I'm experiencing, so I'm "re-opening" this one.

I have noticed with my truck that I can only get Pandora to work via USB if I use one of the three on the front center console, and never one of the two in the center armrest. BUT, my MP3 flash-drive works get in the armrest.

Anyone else notice this?

Nope - I always have mine plugged into the USB in the armrest. I have tried to replicate this with both WiFi on and off and am still at a loss. Seems like it just happens sometimes and is more of a fluke than something I can reliably replicate (which does not make sense to me).

I just use apple carplay and all is right with the world...

Mine works great.I push the Pandora button on screen and I never have to touch my phone. I have never plugged mine in works great. I'm thinking of cancelling my xm because I use it so much. And it plays more of the music I like. Btw...does it still show the album cover on the sreen in the 16 and 17's?

Yes, it will show the album cover over both carplay and Bluetooth. The only thing I can't get over Bluetooth is the thumb up and thumb down buttons with my iPhone.

Mine works great.I push the Pandora button on screen and I never have to touch my phone. I have never plugged mine in works great. I'm thinking of cancelling my xm because I use it so much. And it plays more of the music I like. Btw...does it still show the album cover on the sreen in the 16 and 17's?

Yes, it will show the album cover over both carplay and Bluetooth. The only thing I can't get over Bluetooth is the thumb up and thumb down buttons with my iPhone.

My iPhone 6+ will not connect with Pandora with my phone connected to the USB in the armrest, except for via Bluetooth. When playing via Bluetooth, I do not see the album covers. I may have to play with the settings on my phone. It may turn out that the USB issue is a '15 and older issue, since Nick and I have '15s. My wife and I dumped XM just before I retired from USAF, all of their music channels were getting really repetitive, we were predicting the next 4-5 songs accurately. Now that we have unlimited internet on our phones, we listen to FREE Pandora, and don't mind the commercials.

That kinda sucks...the thumb up and down is nice. Once you do so many thumbs up it makes a station called thumbprint radio. Then it plays those songs. Thumb it down and it won't play them.

• 3 weeks later...

Something I noticed about Pandora this weekend, I have had to "force close" and reopen the Pandora app, on my iPhone, on several occasions, to get the album covers to show on my infotainment screen. At times the album covers would quit showing and/or the "thumbs" would quit responding between the infotainment screen and my phone. I am now in the habit of turning Pandora off on my phone between uses, 99/100, when I reconnect with my truck, the album covers will quit showing if I don't.

• 3 months later...

Found this using the "Search", and it seems like the place for my issue. I have an Samsung Android and having issues getting the Pandora to work consistently. The phone automatically connects to truck, and the truck will display "Acquiring Pandora"...then go to the station "2017 County"....then go into "Please check connection" or something to that effect.....my Phone shows it's hooked to the truck.....Pandora on the phone is playing, but no sound from either the Phone or Truck. Sometimes when I back out of Pandora on the truck, toggle between "Audio" and "Pandora", it may start working, but most the time won't, so I just leave it be and listen to the radio. What is going on ?

I'd help but the iPhone does not have that functionality so I cannot say. Have you tried turning blutooth on then back off to see if resetting the connection helps?

I have issues getting the truck to recognize carplay every now and then when I plug my phone in. Not often but has happened more than once. One thing I can say for sure is these systems are finicky! Although I will take this feature 90% of the time over 0% of the time :)

Archived