2016 Yukon Fender/ Door misaligned from factory

I've stumbled onto this forum looking to see if anyone has had issues with alignment of their doors and front fender and was hoping to see if anyone else has had this issue and how they went about getting it fixed.

I bought a new 2016 Yukon XL in Oct/Nov and shortly after purchasing noticed that the driver door and front fender did not match up right which was surprising for such a pricey vehicle. The prominent body line that goes down the side of the vehicle did not match and the top of the driver door was sunken in while the bottom of the door stuck out in comparison to the fender. I took it to the dealer who acknowledged the issue and sent it to the body shop to adjust the driver door, however, this did not fix the problem and actually resulted in road noise, engine noise, and wind noise.

So I took it in a second time and the body shop adjusted it again which made it a little better but nothing really seems to line up the way it should. The front door seems angled differently than the back. The passenger side is perfect so I'm not sure what the issue is and I'm afraid to take it in again because I don't want the noise issue again. I'm disappointed in the fit and finish for such an expensive vehicle.

Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Most likely a wrecked truck that was repaired by the dealer before the sale. It happens. Trucks fall off the carrier or get wrecked on test drive. Just let the dealer service department patch it up for you.

Thanks for the suggestion. I know it wasn't the test drive because we test drove it with zero miles on it. I've looked into the "damaged in transport" scenario but can't find any evidence of that. Aside from the dealer saying it didn't happen it also didn't look like any of the bolts had been touched on the fender or doors which made me think it was unlikely there had ever been any work done. I was hoping it would be an easy fix but, as I said in my original post, it hasn't been. Is it possible to get it close to as good as factory standards from a body shop? Just wondering if anyone has had similar issues and how they got it fixed.

My low miles, new purchase included a badly mal-aligned body:bed. Selling dealer adjusted a bit, but said that was all they could do. It's amazingly terrible. And I see it every day I look in my sideview mirror.....

My low miles, new purchase included a badly mal-aligned body:bed. Selling dealer adjusted a bit, but said that was all they could do. It's amazingly terrible. And I see it every day I look in my sideview mirror.....

That's the same situation I'm in. I'm not sure how they can let it leave the factory that way. No luck getting yours fixed either?

2016 Suburban LS. My drivers side front and rear door are misaligned also. Built Aug. 2016. I think their setting machine at the factory was off. I adjusted the striker in the door jam which helped some. Oh well. It's what it is.

Don't think it can be easily fixed without major hinge adjustments where the hinges meet the body which are painted along with the bolts.

Also the grill sits high on the passenger side. And gaps are not even on the screen that goes up and down. I wish I didn't see things like this. But I will get over it.

2016 Suburban LS. My drivers side front and rear door are misaligned also. Built Aug. 2016. I think their setting machine at the factory was off. I adjusted the striker in the door jam which helped some. Oh well. It's what it is.

Don't think it can be easily fixed without major hinge adjustments where the hinges meet the body which are painted along with the bolts.

Also the grill sits high on the passenger side. And gaps are not even on the screen that goes up and down. I wish I didn't see things like this. But I will get over it.

I'm out of town now but when I get home I'll have to check the date that mine was manufactured to see if it is in the same date range. If it is some problem with a setting on the machine at the factory it seems like something that GM should fix. That's a defect in workmanship in a pretty fundamental area on a very expensive vehicle. I don't think that it's out of the question to expect the body panels to be lined up on a 60k plus vehicle. In what way are your doors "off"?

Both drivers side doors sit high at the closing side. Hinged side height was fine. Rear drivers door at upper hinge is in too far. So the upper body line is out and too much body panel is proud above that body line. I tried to adjust but at maximum outer movement.

I had the rear aligned perfectly by adjusting the rear door striker, but the door did not close as well and was sprung when opened.

Also notice all door mounting bolts are 10mm head w/ built in base(no washer). However where this problem exist the bolts are 13mm with a washer. As if someone at the factory or dealer already tried to adjust this. Not sure why these 2 bolts are different?

I have things close enough now and doors operate fine. The average person wouldn't notice this or care, but apparently I notice.

Both drivers side doors sit high at the closing side. Hinged side height was fine. Rear drivers door at upper hinge is in too far. So the upper body line is out and too much body panel is proud above that body line. I tried to adjust but at maximum outer movement.

I had the rear aligned perfectly by adjusting the rear door striker, but the door did not close as well and was sprung when opened.

Also notice all door mounting bolts are 10mm head w/ built in base(no washer). However where this problem exist the bolts are 13mm with a washer. As if someone at the factory or dealer already tried to adjust this. Not sure why these 2 bolts are different?

I have things close enough now and doors operate fine. The average person wouldn't notice this or care, but apparently I notice.

I just checked and mine was manufactured in September 2016, so pretty close to yours, and the issue is similar. The rear driver side door is a little high and then it looks like the front door is aligned with the back which throws the whole side off. I wonder if there are a bunch of these that came out a little messed up in that time period. It drives me nuts. The body shop doesn't appear to be able/willing to adjust the doors in a way that gets the panels flush and lined up. If it wasn't such a pricey vehicle I probably wouldn't care as much. I worry about when I go to sell it down the road having potential buyers think it's been wrecked.

Archived