6.0 or 6.6

$12.00 for a 2 gallon jug of Blue DEF from Pep Boys. figure you need 4 gallons to fill the DEF tank up so $24.00 to fill up the DEF tank. DEF Tank lasts about 5000 miles if what I'm seeing with mine.

I would be less inclined to buy it in jugs unless I was desperate. DEF has a shelf life. Better to get it at a truck stop bulk distribution or commercial truck dealership like I mentioned. Far cheaper, higher volume dispensing that ensures fresher product, etc. These SCR units are darn finicky about DEF quality. Once things get goofed up, it is a major hassle to get them straightened out. Usually tank has to be flushed, lines flushed, and new DEF filter, and at worse, another DEF dosing injector.

No decent truck stops around here for about 30 miles and I am never on that side of town, otherwise I probably would go fill it up there, it's a good idea like you said. I check the dates on the BLUE DEF stuff I buy. Have yet to find anything older than 2 months, that is if it is not filled up at the Dealer or at my service shop during an oil change.

Archived